Authentic Florentine Food Experience – Florentine Steak Dinner
When dining out the first thing to remember is that Italy didn’t even become a country until the unification of its 20 regions in 1861. For this reason, Italians, and especially Florentine’s are still, even today, very much connected to and proud of their regional culture and of course cuisine.
Our authentic Florentine dining experience will take you back in time to the origins of some of Florence’s most renowned dishes. To the tables of the nobleman and peasants alike. To the courts and banquets hosted by the Medici.
Your hosts, Monica and Simone, will guide you on a culinary journey explaining each dish including both its historical origin but sometimes more importantly its cultural significance.
Your four course meal will be accompanied by a selection of traditional, locally produced wines and exceptional extra virgin olive oil.
Our Florentine Food Experience is a deep dive into local history and culture through our traditions at the table.
per adult from
What's included :
- Welcome aperitivo
- Authentic four course dinner with Florentine Steak
- Explanations of each dish, origins and history
- A selection of local wines specifically paired to match each course
- Water and coffee
What's excluded :
- Our team consists of a restauranteur and a travel specialist, in collaboration with local wine, olive oil and food producers. Together we are bringing our passion for Florence and Tuscany to the table. We are reviving Florentine culinary traditions and most importantly we are supporting our local producers whose ingredients become the real protagonists on the table.
Embracing the concept of farm to table and sourcing local products not only gives you an authetic experience and the opportunity to taste unique, non-commerical products, but it helps support our local economy, and reduces our impact on the environment. Tuscans produce food with passion, respect and gratitude for the land and what it provides.
Let us introduce you to our wonderful wines and traditional Tuscan products.
• Selection of bruschetta, local cold cuts, and other typical appetizers - Appetizers may change monthly or even daily based on seasonally available produce
• Two typical Tuscan pasta dishes
• Florence's Famous T-Bone Steak with sides
• Zuppa Inglese - Zuppa Inglese could be described as Florentine Tiramisu
• Cantuccini almond biscotti with Vin Santo
Departure Point :Demetra Hostaria, Via della Vigna Vecchia, 25R, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.