Authentic Mexican Cooking Lesson With a Gastronomic Historian in Mexico City
During this experience, you will cook authentic Mexican dishes with your host Lucía in her spacious home kitchen and learn some of her favorite cooking tips and techniques! Lucía can cook a wide variety of Mexican dishes, from traditional family recipes passed down through generations of home cooks, to modern dishes using fresh, local ingredients.
Your menu will be based on the season and might include dishes like potato leek soup, albondigas en salsa de chile chipotle mecos (meatballs in a smoked chili sauce), sopa de nopalitos (cactus paddles in bean broth), fideo soup (Mexican noodle soup), traditional moles (savory meat dishes cooked in spice and chili sauce) and chile en nogada (stuffed poblano chilies, smothered in creamy walnut sauce).
Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity to experience Mexican culture and cuisine firsthand!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class + meal with your host Lucia
- Alcoholic Beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Learn to cook authentic Mexican dishes with Lucía in this Mexico City cooking class. Lucía can cook a wide variety of Mexican dishes, from traditional family recipes passed down through generations of home cooks, to modern dishes using fresh, local ingredients. Cook together with Lucía and learn some of her favorite cooking tips and techniques. Note that Lucía can offer both a hands-on cooking class or a cooking demonstration in which you will watch Lucía prepare the dishes. Please specify what you prefer at the time of booking.
• Traveling Spoon, Mexico City 6080 Mexico
• Nopalitos soup in bean broth, lima soup, tortilla soup, aztec soup
• Albondigas en salsa de chile chipotle meco, - chiles en nogada, encacahuatado with chicken
• Pork in verdolagas
• Mexican white rice, red rice, or black rice with platano macho
• Dulce de guayaba, dulce de mamey, flan de cajeta, or gollorias
• Coffee or tea
Departure Point :Mexico City, Mexico
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Mexico City home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Mexican culture and cuisine together.
- Minimum numbers apply. Lucia has a two guest minimum. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.