Authentic Mexican hands-on cooking class and Market Tour
Immerse yourself in Mexico's extraordinary food culture and learn to cook Mexican traditional dishes that you can replicate back home. Enjoy a market tour, hands-on cooking class and a four-course lunch in an intimate cooking studio.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional Chef guide
- All needed ingredients to cook menu
- Printed recipes
- Market Tour
- Four course lunch
- Alcoholic Beverages - Artisanal mezcal, Mexican craft beer, Mexican wine
What's excluded :
- We will start your experience with a welcome "agua fresca" while learning about the history of Mexican cuisine.
Then we will share with you detailed explanations of recipes and ingredients to be ready to head to the kitchen for a hands-on cooking experience.
We will prepare street appetizers with two Mexican salsas, mextlapiques (tamale without masa), hand-made tortillas, mole blanco and corn bread
Afterwards, enjoy the lunch you've prepared with a pairing of artisanal mezcal, Mexican craft beer or Mexican wine.
Finish your experience with a high note of hot chocolate and dessert.
Morning class includes a market tour to Mercado Medellin (walking distance). We will explain market’s history, organization and offering while touring some of their main halls and have a tasting from selected market stands.
• Aura Cocina Mexicana, Eje Vial Eje 3 Poniente (Avenida Medellin) 191 A Colonia Roma Norte, Mexico City 06700 Mexico
• Mercado de Medellin, Calle Campeche 101, Mexico City 06760 Mexico
• Mexican Street Appetizers - Sopes with two Mexican salsas (red molcajete sauce and green sauce)
• Mextlapique - Tamale without masa, filled with vegetables and topped with an spearmint sauce.
• White Mole - Made with a mixture of light-colored ingredients including white pine nuts, almonds, peanuts, sesame seeds, blonde raisins and chile guero.
• Corn Bread - Served with hot chocolate (water based)
Departure Point :Eje 3 Pte 191, Roma Nte., Cuauhtémoc, 06700 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Mole Blanco is usually served with chicken pieces. Other options available: panela cheese or mushrooms, please indicate your selection.
- An apron will be provided to be used during class. To better enjoy the class we suggest wearing comfortable clothes and shoes, please avoid scarves, long necklaces and jewelry while in the kitchen.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Aura Cocina Mexicana