Authentic Moroccan Home-Cooking: Private Cooking Class with a Casablanca Local
Join your host in her kitchen and learn to prepare an authentic Moroccan meal! You’ll be cooking together for about an hour before sitting down to enjoy the dishes you helped prepare. Some dishes for your meal might be prepared in advance. You will be learning to make typical home-style dishes that are seasonal and often feature Casablanca’s local seafood. You might try lamb tagine with seasonal vegetables, marinated and grilled seafood, Moroccan lemon chicken with olives, couscous, tchackchouka (roasted bell pepper salad), camel burger or zaalouk (eggplant salad) with homemade bread. You will conclude your meal with a dessert such as milk pastilla, oranges with cinnamon or Moroccan cakes.
Roll up your sleeves and get ready for a real hands-on cooking experience with a wonderful local host in her beautiful Casablanca home!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class with your host Chamsi
- Home-cooked lunch or dinner
- Bottled water
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Join Chamsi and her family for an authentic Moroccan meal at their lovely home. Learn to prepare a Moroccan meal with Chamsi in her beautiful open-space kitchen. Be ready to roll up your sleeves and help prepare an authentic Moroccan meal. You’ll cook together for about an hour before sitting down to enjoy the dishes you helped prepare. Some preparation for your meal might be done in advance.
• Traveling Spoon, Casablanca 20210 Morocco
• Moroccan salads (eggplant, tomatoes, oignons, roasted peppers)
• Lamb/beef/chicken tagine with seasonal vegetables
• Fish/seafood grilled
• Camel burger
• Mhencha (spicy fish spring roll)
• Milk pastilla
Departure Point :Casablanca, Morocco
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Casablanca home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Moroccan culture and cuisine together.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.