Authentic South Indian Cooking Class and Vegetarian Meal with a Local in Chennai
Join your host Jyashree for an authentic culinary experience in her kitchen where she will teach you to prepare a variety of rices, a vegetable poriyal (sautéed vegetables with spices) and a rasam (a peppery soup that is an essential element to the South Indian Iyer sapaad) - the important basics of a typical South Indian meal! You can expect the cooking lesson to last about 1-2 hours before you share the meal you helped prepare which will also include additional dishes Jyashree prepared in advance. If you wish to learn how to make dosas, appams or anything else in particular, please let Jyashree know in advance so she can be prepared.
Experience a cozy setting as you enjoy authentic South Indian life and cuisine with a welcoming local, and leave with new recipes, a new friend, and lifelong memories!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class and vegetarian meal with your host Jyashree
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Enjoy a private and authentic cooking class in a local Chennai home with your host Jyashree. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Your cooking class will take place in a local home kitchen where Jyashree will teach you 2-3 traditional Indian dishes from family recipes. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together. This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional Indian culture and cuisine.
• Traveling Spoon, Chennai (Madras) India
• Vegetable poriyal - sautéed vegetables with spices
• Rasam - a peppery soup that is an essential element to the South Indian Iyer sapaad
Departure Point :MG Ramachandran Road, MG Ramachandran Rd, Kalakshetra Colony, Besant Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600090, India
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.