Authentic Traditions and Contemporary Science in the Rhodope Mountains
Rhodope Mountain is one of the most attractive, the most beautiful and magical places in Bulgaria, which conquers the hearts of travelers at first sight! This is a place of special charm, culture, soul - the place from where you don't want to leave! That is why it is even more valuable that you still have the opportunity to touch a unique craft that exists only in this region - a handmade national musical instrument - a bulgarian bagpipe with a unique sound!
But that's not all - expecting you a unique surprise during our tour that will make you say WOW!!!!
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Entrance fees
- Local English-speaking Guide or E-guide (depending on the chosen option)
- Visit to the bagpipe workshop with musical performance
- Visit to Rozhen National Observatory
- Entry/Admission - Chepelare
- Entry/Admission - Bulgarian National Astronomical Observatory Rozhen
What's excluded :
- Transport (on request)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 4850 Chepelare, Bulgaria
For the peculiarities of making this wonderful instrument you will personally tell you one of the three best-known craftsmen who has created over 142 caba bagpipe. Here you can see how the magic happens and an instrument is created, the sound of which everybody inadvertently connects with the Rhodopes.
In the bagpipes workshop you will learn many of the subtleties of this mastery: what is the drone
in the bagpipes, where is the signature of the master who made it, how the tree, the horns and the skin are processed, how the bagpipes's voice changes from every small detail, basic setup rules, and the rule that the bagpipe is held by the heart on the left side of the body. All this, told by the gaudy makers with a glitter in the eyes, will make you realize that in each bagpipe the masters have put a part of their heart and is special. And once you play, you will sink into the fairytale sound, this is the sound of the Rhodopes.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Bulgarian National Astronomical Observatory Rozhen, 8612, 4871, Bulgaria
On the same day, we will be transferred to our days to see the largest astronomical observatory on the Balkans and in this region of Southeast Europe, the Rozhen National Astronomical Observatory. It has 6 telescopes: a 2-meter universal Ritchey-Chretien-Coude (RCC or PKK), reflector of Carl Zeiss Jena, 50/70 cm Schmidt, 60 cm Cassegrain 15 cm sun coronograph, 30 cm MEADE, 18 cm Meniscas Cassegrain (Meniscas Cassegrain). NAO "Rojen" provides observations on a wide range of astronomical and astrophysical tasks - from dynamics and physics of bodies from the solar system to extragalactic studies: asteroids and comets, spectra of stars of different classes and types of variability, star clusters, nearby and distant galaxies, quasars. An astronomer will show us how observations are made and what interesting discoveries were made in the Observatory.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Народно читалище "Родопска Искра 1880", ul. "Vasil Dechev" 25 В, 4850 Chepelare, Bulgaria
Departure Time :Authentic Traditions and Contemporary Science in the Rhodope Mountains 6/18/2019 - 8/9/2022
Self-guided 6/14/2020 - 8/9/2022
Monday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.