Avila and Salamanca Tour from Madrid
Discover two of Spain’s best-preserved medieval cities on this day trip to Avila and Salamanca from Madrid. Traveling by air-conditioned vehicle with an expert guide, drive to the exquisite, walled UNESCO World Heritage site city of Avila. Discover top Avila attractions including the fortress-like Avila Cathedral and Basilica of St Vincent, and visit UNESCO-listed Salamanca, a sandstone-built city famous for its 12th-century university. Admire the gorgeous, sandstone Plaza Mayor, the richly carved university entrance façade and other sights, and enjoy free time to have lunch, shop and explore independently.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide (Bilingual)
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Avila
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Salamanca
- Guided Walking Tour in Salamanca
- Guided Walking Tour in Ávila
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transportation from the meeting point to Avila and Salamanca and back to Madrid
- Entry/Admission - Plaza Mayor
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza Mayor, 37008 Salamanca Spain
The front of the plaza, showing the clock tower in the background and social gatherings in the front. Is a large plaza located in the center of Salamanca, used as a public square. It was built in the traditional Spanish baroque style and is a popular gathering area. Our guide will explain us here about the history on this square.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: New Cathedral (Catedral Nueva), Plaza de Juan XXIII 4, 37008 Salamanca Spain
The New Cathedral is, together with the Old Cathedral, one of the two cathedrals of Salamanca. It was constructed between the 16th and 18th centuries in two styles: late Gothic and Baroque. It was declared a national monument by royal decree in 1887.
Pass By: Universidad de Salamanca, Plaza Patio de Escuelas Menores 1, 37008 Salamanca Spain
It is the oldest university in the Hispanic world and the third oldest university in the entire world still in operation. The formal title of "University" was granted by King Alfonso X in 1254 and recognized by Pope Alexander IV in 1255.
Pass By: Basilica de San Vicente, Plaza de San Vicente, Avila Spain
The Basilica de los Santos Hermanos Mártires, Vicente, Sabina y Cristeta, best known as Basilica de San Vicente, is a church in Ávila, Spain. It is one of the best examples of Romanesque architecture in the country
Pass By: The Walls of Avila, Calle Tomas Luis de Victoria 6, 05001 Avila Spain
The Walls of Ávila in central Spain, completed between the 11th and 14th centuries, are the city of Ávila's principal historic feature. These fortifications are the most complete in all of Spain. We will have the chance to admire them and take pictures of the landscape.
Pass By: Cathedral of Avila, Plaza de la Catedral 8, 05001 Avila Spain
We will visit this beautiful temple and marvel with the inside
Departure Point :Calle Julio Camba, 28028 Madrid, Spain
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: All tours are run in both English and Spanish
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- We recommend to wear comfortable shoes
- We recommend to take sun cream, a hat and water, specially in summer
- Not recommended for travelers with reduced mobility
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The use of masks has been proven to be effective in preventing contagion of Covid 19, so the use of masks is mandatory throughout the tour. Amigo will not provide them so please make sure you bring your own one.
- The social distance should be maintained throughout the trip when possible. Families can stay together
- We recommend our tourists to take responsibility for their luggage, backpacks, etc. as Amigo collaborators are forbidden to touch any of our clients objects
- Our employees (guides and operators) are regularly trained in the sanitary measures stipulated by each country where we operate.
- At the beginning of our tour, the guide will clearly communicate the health protection protocol in detail that we will follow during the tour.
- The check-in process will be done through the mobile phone to avoid contact with paper or other people.
- Our units are disinfected before each service with products approved by WHO in the N list: Disinfectants for use against the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Our units have alcohol-gel dispensers at 70% at the disposal of our tourists.
- Our tourists will have an assigned seat, personal and guaranteed during the whole tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.