Award-Winning Smoked Salmon Tasting and Private Smokehouse Tour with a Local
Meet your host Anthony, a charming Irishman with a dry sense of humor at his traditionally-inspired modern smokehouse for your tour and tasting of their award-winning smoked foods. The Ummera smokehouse smokes organically farmed salmon fished from the west coast of Ireland and grown to the highest standards. You will learn about how Anthony cures his salmon using the wet curing process, the same process his father started with in the seventies! Discover how oak sawdust renders a smooth and lovely flavor to their smoked salmon, before you sit down at a farm table outdoors (weather permitting) to taste a variety of their smoked foods, including their smoked duck which won a 3-star gold award! Your smokehouse tour will last about 45 minutes before you enjoy a tasting of smoked salmon and meats at Ummera.
Your tasting will be paired with three locally crafted ciders, from a dry sparkling to a sweet cider, all produced by Anthony's brother-in-law at Stonewell Cider.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private smokehouse tour and tasting with your host Anthony
- Locally crafted cider pairing (3 kinds)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Timoleague, Timoleague, County Cork
Food tour with Anthony
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Castle Lower, Timoleague, Co. Cork, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Private, personalized experience
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.