Azorean Cheese & Wine Tasting Experience
Taste some of the world’s best cheeses, paired with top-rated local wines, in this exclusive experience designed by Hungry Whales - Cultural & Food Tours Azores.
With more than 40 varieties of award-winning cheeses and centuries of wine making experience, the Azores are an unknown gem for food and wine lovers!
・100% Azorean artisanal cheeses and top-rated wines
・Experienced and knowledgable culinary guides
・Tasty, informative and relaxed experience
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Foods included: artisanal cheeses, fruits, breads, jam, and other delicacies. Homemade dessert.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Dinner - This experience provides generous amounts, doubling as dinner.
- Soda/Pop - Non-alcoholic beverages available.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up
- Experience some of the best cheeses in the world, paired with unique local Azorean wines - the ideal volcanic tasting, great for both serious cheese and wine enthusiasts as well as novices looking to up their game!
Relax at a fine-dining wine bar in Ponta Delgada, and pair your cheeses and wines with other delicacies, such as homemade jam, local fruits and different kinds of artisanal bread.
An expert host will share insights about the foods and wines, guidance to the pairings, and many stories: from traditional cheesemaking to autochthonous wine castes such as "Verdelho" (once a favorite of Russian Tsars). A fun, delicious and informative experience!
Premium Package: all included deal (6 types of cheese, 4 wines, dessert) - save up to 20%!
Standard Package: includes 6 types of cheese and 1 wine (additional drinks are available on location).
Foods and wines are served in generous portions.
This activity is designed for adults, but families with teenagers are welcome. Families with children under twelve years can contact us to book a private experience.
• 6 varieties of Azorean cheese
• Artisanal Azorean dessert
Departure Point :Portas da Cidade - City Gates, Praça de Gonçalo Velho 9500, 9500-150 Ponta Delgada, Portugal
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Dietary restrictions may apply. Not recommended for travelers with intolerances related to dairy products.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.