Azpeitia medieval almond and train museum with steam locomotive trip
Local guide of the same town. Also, on the days that the steam locomotive starts, there are no guided tours, except if they are done with a private guide like the one we offer. The same guide is the one who makes the visit to the Medieval Almond of Azpeitia, with numerous stories of characters with much historical significance of the world told in a pleasant way.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance and trip to the train museum
- Entry/Admission - Museo del Ferrocarril
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo del Ferrocarril, Julian Elorza 8, 20730 Azpeitia Spain
Guided tour of the train museum, one of the largest and best preserved in Europe, where you will see old steam locomotives, electric trains, diesel, trams, trolleybuses, cars, wagons, train repair machines running with systems of pulleys ... And, in addition, you can travel on a steam locomotive, on a 5km trip through the Urola Valley, where the Urola train that used to go from Zumarraga to the coast used to pass. 45-minute trip, round trip, with a special pica-pica performance and explanations by a highly illustrated machinist.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Azpeitia, Azpeitia, Province of Guipuzcoa, Basque Country
Visit to the Medieval Almond of Azpeitia, where the Parish of San Sebastián de Soreasu will be visited, of which Saint Ignatius of Loyola was patron and in which is the baptismal font where the saint was baptized and the Chapel of Solitude, jewel of the Basque renaissance, ordered to be created by a captain with Pizarro in the conquest of Peru. In addition, you will visit the old town of Azpeitia in a short circular route of around 500 meters, where you will see the Juan de Antxieta house, Musician of the Catholic Monarchs, Mudejar style; the statue in homage to the Bull Ensogado; the Town Hall Square, which was formerly a convent; the old Town Hall; the Altuna house; Basazabal Palace and Emparan Tower. The tour will end in the same museum as the train.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Azpeitia Railway Museum, Julián Elortza Hiribidea, 8, 20730 Azpeitia, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.