Bacalar Seven Color Lagoon and Mayan Experience from Costa Maya
As soon as your cruiseship arrives to Costa Maya Port, take part of our adventure to experience Yucatan local culture.
Travel through history and interact with Mayan descendants at the village of Chacchoben. Witness the daily life of the Mayan, interact with your hosts and a local family that will make this experience unforgettable.
You will try traditional dishes prepared with ancestral techniques that have been inherited from generation to generation with local products that will impress the authentic Mayan flavor of this exquisite food.
To complete this experience, we will visit at the Seven Color Lagoon or Bacalar. A famous old haven for pirates where now you can relax, swim or enjoy a kayak ride in the refreshing waters of the seven color lagoon.
Bacalar is the second largest lagoon in Mexico and offers magnificent shades of blue on sunny days.
This tour is a perfect mix of history, culture and relaxation. Don't miss this unforgettable experience.
per adult from
5 hours 50 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Certified Tour Guide
- A visit to Chacchoben Mayan Village to interact with a Mayan family.
- Tortilla cooking demonstration and class.
- Lunch - You will try authentic Mayan dishes cooked with local ingredients mainly vegetables and may include poultry or meat. If you have any specific food requirements please let us know ahead.
- Alcoholic Beverages - Margaritas, pina colada, tequila & beer are included
- A visit to the Bacalar Seven Color lagoon for swimming and kayaking
What's excluded :
- Use of life vests are mandatory
- Children must kayak with a legal adult
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bacalar, Bacalar, Yucatan Peninsula
We will visit the spectacular Bacalar Seven Color Lagoon,
Mexico’s largest body of fresh water.
You can choose to swim in the refreshing waters of the crystal clear lagoon, kayak or just to relax and enjoy while sipping a margarita, piña colada or your favorite drink.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chacchoben, Chacchoben, Yucatan Peninsula
Witness Costa Maya’s ancient Mayan culture first hand and enjoy a delicious authentic lunch cooked with fresh ingredients and local spices.
Observe a tortilla making demonstration, learn the secrets to a perfect tortilla then try making your own while you witness daily life
of a local Maya family unfold right before your eyes.
No visit to a Mayan family is complete without a meal and following the tradition, your hosts will share some of the most traditional tamales and dishes cooked the traditional way and seasoned with exotic spices from the Yucatan Peninsula.
Participants can opt for a delicious non-spicy lunch but there are
also options for the brave ones who prefer a mild or spicy-hot habanero sauce.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Departure Point :Avenida Paseo del Puerto 1211, 77940 Mahahual, Q.R., Mexico
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/2/2020 - 10/2/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 120 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.