Bagan’s Sacred Mountains and Villages
Bagan is more than just an archaeological site. Surrounding the Myingyan plain and along the Ayeyarwaddy river lies more than meets the eye. The region is rich in fables and myths and has been the goal for many local Buddhist pilgrims paying respect to nature and mountain ranges.
A full-day excursion that will bring the visitor deeper in understanding the local means of interpretation and its close-proximity living to the mountains and the river is what we offer during this excursion out of Bagan. We also take a sneak peek into the daily lives of farmers and how they continue to battle the elements, providing the freshest produce.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch en route is included (food only)
- Return ferry crossing across the Ayeyarwaddy
What's excluded :
- Bagan Archaeological zone fees
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Bagan Temples
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ayeyarwady River, Myanmar
At around 9 am, your guide and driver will be ready in your hotel lobby to bring you to the local boat jetty. A private boat awaits you, and at a leisurely pace, cruises for approximately 1 hour on the famous Ayeyarwaddy River to the starting point of this tour. Myanmar’s largest and longest river flows from north to south Myanmar and is considered the nation's most important commercial waterway. Over 2,100 kilometres in length, it is actually hugging the Bagan town border makes it a fabulous means for divine exploration.
Stop At: Bagan Temples, Bagan Archaeological Zone, Bagan Myanmar
After reaching the western riverbank of the Ayeyarwaddy River a car will take you for a 30-minute drive on a bumpy road to the top of one of the four holy mountains that are famous among local pilgrims. The story goes that if one can complete the visit of all four mountains before midday, one will be granted a wish to be fulfilled. The pagodas enshrine reliquaries of the great Buddha. These inclines in the overall semi-arid landscape that houses one of the world’s most phenomenal sites of the ancient world will showcase the diversity of the Mandalay Division and its rustic side. Void of western influences, filled with authenticity, natural and human encounters during this morning, it will leave visits elated.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
Return to Bagan for a late lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon, we will visit some farming villages around Bagan that gives an insight into the lives of the local people. These residents have been using farming techniques that have been passed on for generations. Aside from ploughing, harvesting and sowing, staying true to ancient techniques and respecting the work of generations also finds its way in these villages through handicraft. A testament to how local craftsmanship prevails in a rural setting is not to be left aside.
In the late afternoon, return to Bagan, where we expect to arrive at 6 pm.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Old and New Bagan hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Old and New Bagan. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Nyaung Oo, Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of lunch box en route.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- A minimal degree of fitness may be needed to enjoy this excursion to the fullest.
- Sand, dust and water have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- We recommend wearing light, comfortable cotton clothing and comfortable shoes.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.