Bangalore day trip to World's largest monolith at Shravanabelagola with guide
Discover the world's largest monolithic statue of Bahubali with your guide traveling from Bangalore to Shravanabelgola and back. Visit the 57 foot tall statue which is a depiction of Gomateswara the son of the first Jain Tirthankara Rishabha Deva. To reach the statue, there is a flight of 600 steps, and the climb takes roughly an hour, but the unforgettable views make the climb well worth the effort.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private guide
- Private car
- Entry/Admission - Shravanabelgola Jain Temple
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shravanabelgola Jain Temple, Channarayapatna India
Meet up in Bangalore around 6:30am and head to Shravanabelagola located 90 miles (145 km) away. Guests can choose between riding a thrilling Royal Enfield Classic Motorcycle or you can travel in a private car. A guide will accompany you at all times during this tour. For those who have chosen the motorcycle option you will start with an orientation of the motorcycles as well as safety briefing.
Next, you will head out on your journey to Bangalore with your guide. Take a break along the way for breakfast, and at approximately 10am you will arrive at the base of the world’s largest monolith statue.
The statue was carved during the period of Chamundaraya, a minister of the Ganga King Rajamalla between 982 and 983 CE. The statue is 58 feet tall and belongs to Gomateswara the son of the first Jain Tirtankara Vrishaba Deva. The Tirthankara were role models for those seeking liberation, they were also considered human spiritual guides.
Climb 600 steps to reach the statue. Located near the statue are figurines of all the 24 Tirtankaras of Jainism also there are several inscriptions from the period 800-1800 AD. Chandragiri is a hill near the statue where the great Mauryan King Chandragupta Maurya had visited for peace. There are many memorials to be found there belonging to nuns, monks and common folk.
Every 12 years, a spectacular ceremony is held at Shravanabelagola, and the statue is Gomateswara is anointed with turmeric, water, rice, sugarcane juice, sandalwood paste, gold and silver flowers.
Lunch is in a traditional house where the host will serve you a fresh and hot “Jain” Thalis. These meals are made in the Jain tradition, and are purely vegetarian and do not contain onions or garlic.
You will return back to your original meeting place in Bangalore at around 7pm.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels in bangalore
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must be at least 18 years old to take this tour
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended this tour involved a moderate amount of walking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.