Barcelona Shore Excursion: Private Montserrat and Cava Trail Day Trip from Barcelona
Combine mountains, history and wine tasting to make the most of your time in port in Barcelona. On this outstanding shore excursion, you’ll head outside of the city to visit two beautiful places – the mountain of Montserrat, where you can enjoy a scenic walk and admire the medieval Santa Maria de Montserrat abbey, and the Freixenet winery, part of Spain’s Cava Trail where you’ll have a cellar tour and a cava tasting. This private tour ensures you'll receive personalized attention from your expert guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Wine tasting
- Private tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Montserrat cable car (approx. 8 euros)
- Montserrat Museum entrance fee
- When your cruise ship docks in Barcelona, head out from the port on a wonderful day trip to Montserrat and the Cava Trail wine region. You'll head straight to Montserrat, a stunning, craggy mountain that towers over the Barcelona area. Visit the mountain’s Benedictine abbey, Santa Maria de Montserrat, where the famous 12th-century statue of the Black Virgin is housed. At 1pm on weekdays, you’ll also have the opportunity to hear one of Europe's oldest children's choirs, La Escolania de Montserrat. While you're at Montserrat, you’ll have time to visit the fascinating Museum of Montserrat, go for a walk or ride the rack railway or cable car up the mountain.
In the afternoon, leave Montserrat to visit one of the most famous cava producers of the Penedes region, Freixenet (cava is a Spanish sparkling wine). Visit their vast wine cellars, sample the product and learn why this sparkling wine has acquired international fame.
See the Itinerary section below for more details about the shore excursion.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Barcelona port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port barcelona Cruise Stop, de, 08039 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, it will be much cooler in the mountains.
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- During July and August it will not be possible to hear the boys choir sing
- May be operated by an English guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.