Barrier Free tour of the Vatican Museums
Join us for a barrier free experience of the Vatican Museums! Explore its Galleries and Michelangelo's incredible Sistine Chapel accompanied by an expert!
Skip the line with your enthusiastic guide to step inside the Paintings Gallery and admire works of Da Vinci, Raphael, Caravaggio and many more. Explore statues from the Greek-Roman period within the Chiaramonti Museo. Enjoy the galleries of the Library, of the Tapestries and the Maps as you reach the Raphael Rooms.
Learn about the rivalry and esteem between Michelangelo and Raphael. Explore the Sistine Chapel, gazing upon it's flawless frescoes is bound to take your breath away. The ceiling narrates episodes from the Old Testament painted by Michelangelo. Learn the story behind the Last Judgment and the many facets of the Tuscan Artist.
Leave the Sistine Chapel and walk toward the exit discovering more Vatican galleries housing incredible treasures and beautiful paintings.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- 3.5h Guided Tour with an Expert Vatican Accredited Guide
- Entry/Admission into Vatican Galleries and Sistine Chapel
- Skip the Line Tickets
- Barrier Free Itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The Vatican Museums are renowned worldwide and welcome around six million people per year. From High Renaissance masterpieces to Greek and Roman art works and mosaics, the Vatican Galleries holds around 70,000 art pieces acquired by the Holy See over time from all over the globe.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The magnificent Sistine Chapel originally had a starred ceiling, however, once Pope Julius II convinced the hesitant Michelangelo to paint, it became one of the most profound and beautiful works of Art of all time. Stand in awe at the beauty of the frescoes painted by Michelangelo. Within the Chapel other Artists also contributed frescoes and your guide will help you discover the hidden symbolism and stories behind each fresco before entering the chapel as no speaking is allowed within the Chapel due to it being Holy Ground.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Via Vespasiano, 28, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Forum Sancti Petri, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Please note that if you are certifiably more than 74% disabled then we will refund you the full price of your Vatican ticket as well as the price of the ticket of your companion. Please bring your certificate with you as it will be requested by the Vatican staff.
- We recommend comfortable attire.
- Bringing along a refillable water bottle is a good idea.
- Please note that the Vatican implies a dress code. Shoulders ,cleavages and knees should be covered.
- No big back packs or big umbrellas are allowed. No pointed objects are permitted.
- This tour can be customized to meet the requirements of your disability needs, depending on its nature, get in touch to provide us with required details.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Rome Private Guides is glad to inform you that all our “Small group tours” and “Private Tours” comply with the protocols and guidelines suitable to guarantee the performance of our service in safe conditions to prevent Covid-19. The safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.