Barton Creek Cave & Butterfly Farm
Barton Creek Cave is a stream cave located near San Ignacio in the Cayo District. It was used by ancient Mayan people for ceremonial purposes and it was discovered in 1970 and studied by archeologists in 1998.
As you enter Barton creek, you will enjoy the scenery of the Mennonite Community and their traditional lifestyle.
During the tour you will see sparkling crystal formation and learn about the Mayan history, archaeology and geology.
The tour consists of exploring 1 mile of the massive 4.5 long cave which is yet to be discovered.
Our next stop is the Butterfly Farm which is located in Western Belize, it is rich in wildlife and vegetation and holds the largest live butterfly display in Belize. Guests can enjoy bird watching or learn about the different species of plants and animals. The day ends with a picnic lunch or souvenir shopping.
MINIMUM 2 person
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Canoe, Head Lamp, Life Jacket and Helmets
- Lunch - Lunch is provided for full day tours which includes fruits and Belizean cuisine.
- Entry/Admission - Barton Creek Cave
- Entry/Admission - Green Hills Butterfly Ranch
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barton Creek Cave, Belize
The Barton Creek Tour is one of the most relaxing canoe experiences where you will travel inside an
ancient waterway canopied by cathedral ceilings as you observe numerous formations of stalagmites and stalactites.
This tour is a full day tour that usually start at 9am.
Depending on the amount of guests per tour an earlier time can be set.
Things to know:
MINIMUM 2 person
Est. time of tour: Approx. 4-8hrs
Height: 40 in (minimum)
Tour Package includes:
Tour of Barton Creek and Butterfly Farm
Use of Equipment
Lunch, refreshments & fruit bowl
Things to Bring:
Extra Clothes to change
Sturdy walking shoe
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Green Hills Butterfly Ranch, Mile 8, Pine Ridge Road Belize
The Green Hills Butterfly Ranch and Botanical Garden is surrounded by farm land and wildlife and is home to the largest live butterfly display in Belize which host several native butterfly species that are nurtured at the farm.
It boast a 100 acres of land and a botanical garden of over 120 species of plants. Guests will experience a tour of the butterfly farm or can enjoy bird watching, over 300 bird species has been sighted in the area.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Venus Hotel, 29 Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Belize
2: Midas Belize, Branch Mouth Road, San Ignacio, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
We do pick ups from hotels in San Ignacio, Cayo.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Minimum 2 person
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.