Bear watching experience near Brasov
Thanks to the relatively low level of human intervention, Romania has become home to the largest brown bear population in Europe. Here, in the heart of the Carpathian mountains, you have the chance to observe these majestic animals in their natural habitat, find out interesting facts about the bear life in the wilderness and capture unique moments with your camera.
Join us for a short bear-watching adventure trip in the forests near Brașov, together with a specialized forest ranger that will answer all your questions.
What makes the tour with us different is that we will teach you about bears life, winter habits, diet and mating. We strongly believe this is a great opportunity to learn, apart from taking amazing pictures.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Brasov
- English speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Forest ranger escort in the forest
What's excluded :
- Tips & gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sinca Veche, Sinca Veche, Suceava County, Northeast Romania
In the afternoon, we will pick you up from your accommodation in Brasov. After a 1 hour drive, we will arrive in a secluded valley, surrounded by nature. After a short briefing, together with the ranger, we will drive for about 15 minutes deep in the forest, to where the bears roam free.
Quietly, we will get out of the car and walk for 2-3 minutes until we reach a safe bear hide located near a clearing. The hide is built on wooden pillars and is situated at approximately 3 meters above the ground, to allow a better perspective of the area.
Once the bears arrive, we need to keep silent not to scare them off.
We can take photos or videos but turn our flashes off.
After about 2 hours, we will get back to the car, quietly, and drive back to Brasov, where we will drop you off at your accommodation.
*This tour requires a minimum of 2 attendees. If you are travelling alone, contact us before to see if you can join an already formed group.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Brasov. Please contact before the tour to arrange pick up details.
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bears have a very sensitive smell so please don’t bring any kind of food or snacks. Also, please don’t use perfume or other scents.
- Dress adequately. Wear sturdy shoes and try to avoid brights colors.
- During the activity don’t use flash or any other lights, as these might scare the animals. Please turn off your camera’s focus assist light.
- Bears are dangerous and unpredictable wild animals. Please don’t try to feed them or act like they are pets. In case you encounter one avoid eye contact, don’t try to run or climb into trees and listen to the forest ranger’s advice.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.