Beer Lovers' Guide in Melbourne: Small Group Craft Beer Drink Tour
Get acquainted with bohemian beers, bespoke microbrews and salacious local eats on this carb-unfriendly Melbourne walking (or is that stumbling?) tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tastings at 3 venues
- Some our favourite beer drinking food
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- a Myki with enough credit to catch the train or tram out to the venue for the evening
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Melbourne Urban Adventures, 567 Collins St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Calling all beer fanatics! Looking for the perfect beer tour in Melbourne? You got it. This thirst-quenching beer odyssey will take you through the best of the best on the Melbourne brew scene, from its largest brewery to those craft beers that only the true Melbourne locals know about. On top of all that, you’ll learn all about the history behind Melbourne’s favourite tipple, giving you all the local know-how to become the biggest Melbourne beer buff in town.
Your Melbourne beer tour starts at the Southern Cross Station in Melbourne before we hit the train to one of the city's up-and-coming neighbourhoods, an area that is home to some of Melbourne’s best brewers.
After an intro from your guide, you’ll head off to the first drinking den – no messing about on this tour, you dive right in! Whilst you sip on your first beer, you’ll learn about the rogue settlement of the city, and how the Melbourne beer scene came to be. From the city’s first pub to the outlandish colonial rules governing drinking in the southern capital, this Melbourne tour covers it all.
We mix it up depending which neighbourhood we are in and where is best for the day you've booked. Venues range from breweries in industrial areas to classic pubs, bowling clubs and record bars - but the one thing they all have in common is a passion for the brew. Think Wietbier, XPA, Pilsners, Porters and Bocks - we are out in search of the best and for drinking them as close to the keg as we can get.
Along the way we'll dive into some good beer drinking snacks to make sure the night is not all totally liquid.
By now on your Melbourne beer tour, you will have been told all about Melbourne’s strict past and you will be able to witness the change and uprising of Melbourne’s unique laneway bar scene where you can try some microbrew while learning about the modern era of Melbourne’s relationship with beer. No better setting for that, we’d say!
From here you can carry on your evening with some recommendations from our local guide, or if you’re in too much of a beer/food coma, your guide will also be able to point you in the direction of your accommodation or public transportation back into the city.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Sir William John Clarke Memorial, Spring St, Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :Melbourne VIC, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour
- Please wear nice, smart-casual clothing. No flip-flops (thongs) permitted. Remember that Melbourne’s weather can be unpredictable and the tour will run rain, hail or shine, so bring an umbrella or coat if needed
- Maximum group size is 12
- Please ensure you have a Myki with enough credit to catch the train or tram out to the venue for the evening. Your guide can help you purchase one at Southern Cross (approx $6 + credit) if you don't have one.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.