Beginner’s Snowshoeing Adventure
If you’ve never tried snowshoeing before, this is the tour for you. Snowshoeing is a great way to actively enjoy the winter, and see Alaska without any experience required. A lot of people don't understand the elements of a snowshoe, or how to decide on the right equipment to use. We're there to help you with any of these type of questions that you may have, and provide you a great experience.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Day packs or trekking poles available upon request. Snowshoes provided.
- Snacks - High-calorie trail bites
What's excluded :
- No hotel, B&B, Air B&B, or other accommodation pickups.
- Must meet at designated meeting location or provide own transportation to trailhead.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chugach State Park, 18620 Seward Hwy, Anchorage, AK 99516, USA
If you’ve never tried snowshoeing before, this is the tour for you. We’ll take you to Anchorage’s treasure trove of trail systems either at Kincaid Park, or the Glen Alps, depending on trail & weather conditions, as well as overall capabilities of the group. After a quick introduction on the elements of a snowshoe, we’ll start by walking on a wide path. After everyone feels comfortable on their shoes, we’ll move onto a narrower trail for more fun and sights.
We’ll set out on a two-mile loop, stopping to take quick breathers and water breaks along the way. Both areas are ripe with opportunity for seeing moose, small mammals, and birds. Speaking of which, all our guides are experienced in the back country and will educate you on animal safety before we head out. You’ll see hemlocks, giant spruces, paper birches & golden aspens, plus we’ll tell you about the different types of lichen that can be found, even in winter. We’ll pause to dig around in the snow and see what we can find.
Halfway through our tour we'll take a snack break with a delicious sun butter & jelly sandwich and hot drinks. Recharged, we will finish the tour by heading back towards the trailhead. We will then head back to the city, leaving you plenty of time to visit our great, local restaurants, or maybe even take a museum or brewery tour!
None required, but you should be able to walk at least 3 miles on flat pavement, or 2.5 miles of uneven rolling terrain over the course of 2 hours. Some parts of trail are steep and hilly, placing additional stress on areas of the body not impacted by level terrain. Not recommended for those with cardiac or respiratory issues/illness. May be difficult for those with severe joint issues. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know and we will accommodate you with a different snack option.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :737 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participation waiver signature required prior to departure.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Hike Alaska