Beijing Private Guided Tour to Great Wall, Tiananmen Square & the Forbidden City
If you have just one day in Beijing, the Great Wall and Forbidden City are definitely the top two in your list of the ultimate things to do. As the world’s largest public square, Tiananmen Square needs to be seen in person to be believed. No visit to Beijing would be complete without a walk through the square, whose historical legacy includes Mao Zedong’s announcement of the founding of the People’s Republic of China on October 1, 1949. At the center of Beijing sits the most enduring icon of the city: the Forbidden City. Home to 24 Ming & Qing Dynasty emperors, this is the world’s largest palace complex. The Great Wall is one of China's most iconic sights. Mutianyu Great Wall is the longest fully resorted section of the Great Wall measuring 2.2km with 23 watchtowers. Considered to be the most family-friendly portion of the Wall and the best part of Great Wall for photography, Mutianyun Great Wall is less crowded and has better architecture than other sections with more watchtowers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A bottle of mineral water per person
- Professional English language speaking guide
- Free Car Wifi
- Private Air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver
- Warm Clothes (in winter)
- All government taxes
What's excluded :
- Admission tickets to sightseeing places (Pay in cash)
- Tips or gratuities to guide & driver (usually CNY 50 - 100 per person)
- Hotel accommodation
- Other personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Village, Bohai Town, Huairou District, Beijing China
The Great Wall is one of China's most iconic sights and is a must-see for everybody visiting Beijing. No matter what the weather, no matter how big the crowds, visitors aren't disappointed with the Great Wall. Mutianyu Great Wall is the longest fully resorted section of the Great Wall measuring 2.2km with 23 watchtowers. It is less crowded and has better architecture than other sections with more watchtowers. Mutianyun Great Wall is considered to be the most family-friendly portion of the Wall and the best part of Great Wall for photography.
Winter Season (Nov 16 to Mar 15) : 08:00-17:00
Other Seasons (Mar 16 to Nov 16) : Weekday 07:30-18:00 Weekend 07:30-18:30
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang), West Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
Designed and built in 1651, the Tiananmen Square is not only an important site of political and historical events of China but also one of the largest city squares in the world with 44 hectares in size. The historical events like May Fourth Movement in 1919 and the proclamation of the People's Republic of China by Mao Zedong in 1949 all happened here. Tiananmen Square is the central focus of Beijing. To its west stands the Great Hall of People while the National Museum is located in the east. The Monument to the People’s Hero stands high in the middle of the square and the memorial hall of Chairman Mao is located on the south.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
As the royal residences of the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties from the 15th to 20th century, the Forbidden City used to be the centre of State power in late feudal China. It was constructed between 1406 and 1420 by the Ming emperor Zhu Di and witnessed the enthronement of 14 Ming and 10 Qing emperors over the following 505 years. There are over a million rare and valuable works of art in the permanent collection of the Forbidden City including paintings, ceramics, seals, steles, sculptures, inscribed wares, bronze wares, enamel objects, etc. The Forbidden City was declared a World Heritage Site in 1987 and is listed by UNESCO as the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world.
Winter Season (Nov 01 to Mar 31) : 08:30-16:30 (Stop selling tickets at 15:30)
Busy Seasons (Apr 01 to Oct 31) : 07:30-18:30 (Stop selling tickets at 16:00)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Zhong Zhou Lu, Shunyi Qu, Beijing Shi, China
Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will meet and pick you up at the lobby of your hotel, holding your name board.
Departure Time :1/31/2020 - 9/18/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that the entrance fee to Mutianyu (RMB60pp=admission ticket RMB45 +shuttle bus RMB15) is not included in the package. According to the regulations, tourists must take a shuttle bus to the foot of the mountain to enter the scenic area (great wall). Usually, you need to wait in line for a shuttle bus. In order to save time for customers, we have signed a contract with Mutianyu side and opened a VIP pathway that our car can drive directly to the foot of the mountain, except for some special circumstances, such as administrative control during government activities, policy changes, etc. You just need to pay the entrance fee to the tour guide, and he/she will get the fast track tickets and take care of all for you.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.