BEN TRE - Real Mekong Delta 1 Day Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
Let’s go to Ben Tre, the land of coconuts in the Mekong Delta where you will definitely get an insight into the locals’ daily routines and activities as well as an good chance to understand more about some of traditional jobs in the region such as brick-kiln ceramics, coconut processing workshop, coconut candy making, mat weaved house, and so on.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Transport by modern-air condition minivan
- Boat trip
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks and Soft drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ben Tre Province, Ben Tre Province, Mekong Delta
8 am - Pick up at your hotel in Saigon then take about two hours drive to Ben Tre. On arrival at Hung Vuong pier - the boat will cruise along the Ham Luong river (a branch of the Mekong) and stop off at various local workplaces to give you a picture of how the local economy works, including a brick-kiln where bricks are still painstakingly made by hand; a coconut processing workshop where you can see how's skillfully and quickly of the peeling coconut-shell worker. And you will know about the different uses of each part in a coconut. Then walking around village and have a short stop at a local house where you can see people weaving mat by a hand loom – you can even have a go at weaving yourself !
You will then ride a bike or hop onto a motorized rickshaw for a 15 km fun ride through the quiet and beautiful country road to Mr Khanh’s house where you can contemplate a antiques pottery collection, enjoy coconut water as well as feel the enthusiasm and hospitality of the people here. Then get back on your bike or your motorized rickshaw to continue your journey to a local restaurant for a delicious lunch with local specialties as elephant-ear fish, river-shrimp and some kind of iced soft-drink or beers. After lunch, it’s time to relaxing on a rowing boat along the natural canals return to big boat and cruise back to Hung Vuong Pier. A last stop of your tour today is Vinh Trang Pagoda before driving back to Saigon
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel which in district 1,3,4,5
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum of 2 people required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- After check in your hotel in HCM city. Please check the hotel address to make sure the address you have provided us is correct. If there is any change please notify us by sending a message with the new address.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults Dress code is smart casual
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.