Bergamo Half-Day Tour from Milan
Take an afternoon visit to Bergamo and enjoy a city tour of the old town 'Città Alta'.
Situated on the foot of the Alps overlooking the lively new town, this medieval mecca is bursting from wall to wall with history and culture
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour of Bergamo
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cappella Colleoni, Near Santa Maria Maggiore, Bergamo Italy
Dedicated to the saints Bartholomew, Mark and John the Baptist, it was built between 1472 and 1476 as the personal shrine for the condottiere Bartolomeo Colleoni, a member of one of the most outstanding families of the city, and his beloved daughter Medea. The site chosen was that of the sacristy of the nearby church of Santa Maria Maggiore, which was demolished by Colleoni's soldiers.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Vecchia, 24129 Bergamo Italy
From downtown to the top of the hill where your guided walking tour will pass through Piazza Vecchia, the heart of the old town.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Piazza Vecchia 6, 24129 Bergamo Italy
The church was founded in 1137 on the site of another church from the 8th century dedicated to St Mary, which had been in turn erected over a Roman temple of the Clemence. The high altar was consecrated in 1185 and in 1187 the presbytery and the transept wings were completed. Due to financial troubles, the works dragged for the whole 13th–14th centuries. The bell tower was built from 1436 (being completed around the end of the century), while in 1481–1491 a new sacristy added after the old one had been destroyed by Bartolomeo Colleoni to erect his personal mausoleum, the Colleoni Chapel.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Milan Visitor Center - Zani Viaggi, Largo Cairoli, 18, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.