Best of Ayutthaya : 5 UNESCO temple group tour
Get a comprehensive tour of Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand, on this full-day tour from Bangkok. With round-trip transportation provided, you won't have to worry about driving or directions and can relax or take in the scenery. Learn about the 417-year reign that Ayutthaya had as the centre of politics and culture in Thailand through guided commentary during your temple visits, where you'll see a mixture of Khmer and Sukhothai architecture.
- Round-trip transportation from Bangkok in air-conditioned comfort
- Lunch at famous Ayutthaya restaurant
- Entrance fees to tall temples
- Included Convenient hotel pickup and drop-off in Bangkok
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation by air conditioned van or mini coach with experienced driver
- All entrance tickets
- Accident insurance
- Hotel transfer within Bangkok city area ( Only selected hotels )
- Entry/Admission - Historic City of Ayutthaya
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historic City of Ayutthaya, Pratu Chai Sub-district, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District, Ayutthaya 13000 Thailand
Choose to meet your guide at the meeting point or take advantage of hotel transfer services from your accommodation in Bangkok. Drive towards the Ancient city of Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand. Make your first stop at Wat Phra Sri Sanphet which was for a long time considered to be the spiritual centre of Thailand. Situated within the royal palace grounds, the temple is the royal monastery and is a model of the royal temple of the Emerald Buddha or Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok.
Then, head to Wat Mahathat Ayutthaya which is one of the oldest and most significant temples in the history of Ayutthaya as it housed the Buddha's holy relic. The temple is most famous for the Buddha head situated in a Bodhi tree root. Next, stop at Wat Ratchaburana which houses a large number of Buddha images and gold artefacts. Enjoy lunch that will be served at Krungsri River Hotel.
In the afternoon, continue on to the Chao Sam Phraya National Museum. Admire the most important objects here including the Buddha relics found inside the crypt of Wat Mahathat and other golden treasures like the golden sword, the golden headgear (hat), the miniature royal regalia, golden sculptures, and more. Then, visit Wat Lokaya Sutharam to see the 42-meter-long reclining white Buddha.
Last but not least, finish the trip at Wat Chaiwattanaram which rests on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. Learn about how the temple was ordered to built-in 1630 by King Prasat Thong to honour his mother featuring the architectural style influenced by the Angkor Wat temple complex in Cambodia. Arrive back in Bangkok at around 5 PM.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up and drop off from all hotel within Bangkok city area.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.