Best of Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland Day Trip from Prague- Hiking Tour
Escape the city rush and explore the beauty of Central European nature by taking this unique 12-hour trip to the Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland National Park transported by air-conditioned vehicle. Discover with a guide the marvelous region on the Czech-German border, witnessing the main symbols of the park such as the Bastei Bridge and Pravcicka Gate. Enjoy the grand sandstone formations and relax while sailing the dinghy boats down the Gorges of Kamenice river. Tour is a Small-Group limited to a maximum of 10 travelers per guide and includes lunch and beverages.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Lunch (main course and beverage)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or other comfortable vehicle
- All admission fees
- Entry/Admission - Neurathen Castle
- Entry/Admission - Pravcicka brana - Sokoli hnizdo
- Entry/Admission - Mezná
- Entry/Admission - Kamenice Gorge
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wenceslas Monument, Vaclavske namesti, Prague Czech Republic
The tour begins by picking you up at your Prague hotel, Airbnb or elsewhere in Prague. Our comfortable vehicle will then transport you to the German part of the National Park. The snacks and beverages along the way in combination with an informative description of the passing landmarks will make the journey over in no time.
Stop At: Bastei Bridge, Basteistrasse, 01824 Lohmen, Saxony Germany
Our first destination is the magnificent Bastei Bridge (Saxon Switzerland, Germany). The breathtaking view of the Elbe River Canyon, high above which the Bridge perches, will be engrained into your memory forever. Watching the sunrise above the unique sandstone pinnacles is a priceless experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Neurathen Castle, Rathen, Bastei, Saxony Germany
The easy scenic walk across the Bastei Bridge is finished by an excursion of the medieval castle ruins of Felsenburg Neurathen (13th cen.), located at the other end of the Bastei Bridge.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pravcicka brana - Sokoli hnizdo, Hrensko 82, Hrensko 407 17 Czech Republic
The following jurney takes us over the border to the Bohemian (Czech) part of the National Park. The 2km hike navigates us to the Pravcicka Gate. Approaching it from below, you will see the majesty with which it stands at the top of the surrounding landscape. It is the symbol of the Bohemian Swizerland National Park and you will know why, once you see it.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: 392 01 Mezná, Czechia
Within seeing distance from the Pravcicka Gate is our traditional Czech restaurant. A rich 'a la carte' lunch will be an appreciated reward. Both traditional Czech and international dishes are served (vegetarian options available).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kamenice Gorge, 405 02 Hřensko, Czechia
Our final trip begins at the restaurant's doorstep. A descending hike unravels the beauty of the Kamenice River Gorge. Its moderate rainforest climate is very refreshing. The river along which you stroll is wild at first, but as you approach the boat cruise section, it calms down completely. The mystical dinghy boat cruise is the last element of this impression-rich day tour.
The tour will end by dropping you off in Prague at your accommodation or elsewhere in the city.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Wenceslas Square, Václavské nám., 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Traveler pickup is offered
All Prague hotels or other places of accommodation
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable hiking shoes recommended
- Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Free rental of trekking poles available, please tell us at the time of booking if you need them.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.