Best of Ephesus Tour
This highlights of Ephesus tour gives you the opportunity to explore the capital city of the Romans in the Asia Province. Remarkable ruins and historical site attract millions of people every year. It is time to discover the Ancient City of Ephesus, House of Mother Mary and Temple of Artemis.
It is going to be an experience that you will never forget.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - The Temple of Artemis
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Ephesus
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - Isa Bey Mosque
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Temple of Artemis, Ataturk, Park Ici Yolu No:12, Selcuk Turkey
When your cruise ship docks your professional tour guide will be awaiting you with a board where your name is written at the arrival gate of the Port. Then you will join your guide to get to the van. After 30 minutes of driving, you will arrive at Selcuk town where the Ephesus ruins stand. First, you will stop at the Temple of Artemis. Which was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and although there is one single column left today, the magnificent temple had been built for the goddess of fertility and hunters, Artemis, known as Diana after city passed under the rule of Romans.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ancient City of Ephesus, Selcuk 35920 Turkey
Then drive to Ephesus and see the extensive ruins which include Varius Bath Complex, The Odeon, State Agora, The Temples of Dea Roma, Prytaneion, Domitian Square, Hercules Gate, Curetes Street, The Fountain of Trajan, The Baths of Scholastica, Temple of Hadrian, Celsius Library, The Gymnasium, Great Theatre and many more monuments that stand in the special atmosphere of Ephesus. Once it was a commerce and trade center of the ancient world and later on became a sacred religious place of the early Christianity. Today, it is a famous and unique tourism center proving all its perfects to the visitors as one of the biggest open air museum in the world.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House), Selcuk 35100 Turkey
Next stop is to visit The House of Virgin Mary, the place where it is believed that she had spent last years of her life. It is considered that St. John brought Virgin Mary to Ephesus after the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and that a small house was built for her on Bulbul Mountain. On July 26, 1967, Pope Paul VI visited The House of Virgin Mary and declared one of the pilgrimage center.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Isa Bey Mosque, Selcuk Turkey
Then you are going to visit one of the oldest mosques of Turkey, Isa Bey Mosque, which was built by order of the leader of Turks (Mr. Isa) in 1375. It is the first example among all mosques which was constructed with a courtyard in Turkey. You can see transitional differences from Seljuks to Ottoman architecture. Today, it is not only used as a museum but also is actively used as a mosque. After you will be transferred back to the port.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Kuşadası Port
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.