Best of Milos Small Group Island Tour
This is a tour designed to include the best of Milos in one full day, an ideal option for ‘island hopping’ packages and people who don’t want to rent a car. Including: Papafragkas cave (quick historical overview about thePhylacopivillage, but no visit there) Sarakiniko beach (30 minutes visit) Plaka (visit to traditional alleys) Catacombs, site where Venus de Milo was found, ruins of ancient town of Klima, ancient theater (1-1,5hr visit include entering in Catacombs) the Fish village of Klima or Mandrakia and swimming in Palaiochori or Provatas (2,5 hours stop for swimming & water sports) – Beach is organized with beach bars offers snacks/refreshments.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1 bootle of water (500ml)
- Snack (1 sandwich)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to the Catacombs (4euros per adult, 2euros for 65+ or students)
- Pick up and drop off in hotels not located in Adamas (port), Pahena or Pollonia (additional charge will apply)
- A special full day tour to discover the incredible volcanic island of Milos. First stop the cave of Papafragkas, a cluster of deep-sea inlets and sea caves. We will wonder for a short while at this picturesque location.
Located next to Papafragkas cave is Filakopi was a settlement dating back to the Neolithic Period (approximately 9000 to 4000 BC) and remained an active settlement until 1000 BC. From Papafragkas we can witness the remains of the walls of the city (only standing remains of the city at this point). The tour does NOT enter the archeological site.
We will continue, towards volcanic Sarakiniko. This beautiful, moon-like spot is one of the island’s many geological wonders and perhaps one of the most photographed places in the Cyclades. We’ll take a walk down the beach so you can experience this one-of-a-kind location and take photographs.
Next stop Plaka and its cobble streets and alleys. Plaka is a classic Cycladic village with white stone houses and bougainvillea flowers, locted at a hilltop. We’ll walk through the village to admire its traditional architecture and its stunning view of the sea, and we’ll taste some homemade sweets at the village’s local pastry shops (not included).
Following, the Christian catacombs which are the largest in Greece and the ruins of ancient city of Klima. Close to the catacombs is the marble amphitheater. There are still seven intact seat rows and there is a lovely view of the bay. On the way to the theater from the Catacombs, we shall also visit the site where Venus de Milo was discovered in 1820 (now residing in the Louvre in Paris).
The tour will enter the catacombs (15mins visit).
The port of the ancient city of Milos, is now the fish village of Klima, which is our next stop. The houses there are called “Syrma”. The colorful doors and the sea create a picture that summarizes the essence of a Greek island!
After the interesting sightseeing is the time to indulge a cool swim and drinks in the crystal waters of Palaiochori or Provatas beach. Each beach offers changing facilities, beach bars, restaurants. There is free time for swimming and sunbathing.
Please take note:
- We provide with a 500ml bottle of water, in case of a warm day we can provide one more, during stops you can purchase extra day from shops/cantins during the visits
- We also provide one sandwich (cheese, tomato, ham) per person
- Lunch during swim stop is not included in price. Alternative you can bring your own provisions.
- The cost does not include entransee fees to the Catacombs (4euros per adult, 2euros for 65+ and students)
- In order to access the Catacombs you need to walk down (and up on the return) 84 steps. No shade during the descent/ascent.
-The itinerary can change at the discretion of the guide to ensure the best possible experience of the visitors.
Departure Point :Adamas & Pollonia village
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Same as departure points
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.