Bike tour among millenary olive trees, farms, rupestrian churches and underground oil mills
The tour, departing from Via Porto, in the historic center of Monopoli, is a journey through time among fortified farmhouses, ancient hypogeum oil mills, frescoed rock churches and ancient olive trees. An emotional journey that will make you discover authentic places of this foreshortening in Puglia, along country roads and ancient sheep tracks. The bike tour includes several stages, including a cave church with frescoes from the Middle Ages, a 13th century underground oil mill and a farm surrounded by over two thousand millennial olive trees. A relaxing cycle ride through nature, in the shade of centuries-old olive and carob trees, almond trees, figs and prickly pears, along secondary roads and old beaten earth paths lined with dry stone walls.
These are authentic places, private properties where it would not be possible to enter independently, but which it is possible to discover and admire in the company of our expert tourist guides.
Distance: about 20 km
Minimum age: 12 years
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Bottled water - Each participant will have bottles of water
- Snacks - During the tour we offer typical Apulian snacks
- Alcoholic Beverages - At the end of the tour, at our store in the historic center of Monopoli with a view of the Old Port, a tasting of typical Apulian products: extra virgin olive oil, patè and excellent wine!
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monopoli, Monopoli, Province of Bari, Puglia
We visit private farms, walk along ancient sheep tracks, admire incredible millenary olive trees, frescoed rock churches and an underground oil mill.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Via Porto, 8, 70043 Monopoli BA, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.