Bike Tour of Chicago's Lakefront Neighborhoods
This is the tour that made Bobby famous! Bobby’s Bike Hike is America’s longest-running city bicycle tour company, and has been repeatedly recognized for excellence by National Geographic, USA Today, The Associated Press, Conde Nast Traveler, and more! Bobby’s now offers over a dozen specialized tours, but The Lakefront Neighborhoods ride is what started it all. Join one of Bobby’s expert guides on this 3-hour romp through Chicago’s beautiful North Side neighborhoods. See the ever-rising skyscrapers of Streeterville, the luxe residential property of the Gold Coast, the cozy artists’ village of Old Town, and the rolling greenery of Lincoln Park. You’ll finish off with a cruise down the Lakefront Trail, one of the most popular waterfront bike paths in the nation. This leisure-paced journey is sure to make memories that’ll last a lifetime! Tour departs from 540 N. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local tour guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Gratuity for guide (15-20% suggested, Venmo and PayPal available)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Museum of Contemporary Art, 220 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-2644
Opened in 1967, The Museum of Contemporary Art, or MCA, is home to one of the largest collections of post-WWII visual art in the world.
Pass By: St Michael Catholic Church in Old Town, 1633 N Cleveland Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Located in the heart of Old Town, stunning St. Michael’s Church is one of less than a dozen buildings to have survived the Great Chicago Fire of 187
Pass By: The Magnificent Mile, North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
The Magnificent Mile is Chicago’s premier commercial district, home to upscale shops, cool restaurants and hotels, and Michigan Avenue.
Stop At: Lincoln Park Zoo, 2001 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60614-4757
The Lincoln Park Zoo is free for all to enjoy and is home to hundreds of beautiful animals from all over the world including lions, tigers, penguins, reptiles, gorillas, and camels.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Lake Michigan, Beaches for swimming, IL
One of the five Great Lakes and a beautiful Chicago staple.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: North Avenue Beach, 1600 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60613
North Avenue Beach is one of the Windy City’s most popular public beaches. It features white sand, kayak and jet-ski rentals, bars, restaurants, and the clear, freshwater of the great Lake Michigan.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Lakefront Trail, 540 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60611-3414
The sprawling Lakefront Trail is an 18-mile, paved bike and walking path that straddles the shore of Lake Michigan, and connects the Windy City’s north and south side neighborhoods.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :540 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is appropriate for all ages and fitness levels. Professional guides blend quality information, group interaction, and most of all, fun, to create an unforgettable Chicago experience. Bikes are provided. Child bikes, seats and tagalongs are available.
- Storage for larger bags/items available for free
- Please note: children must be strong, capable riders and be able to bike for 9 miles
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.