Biking in Knuckles mountain range
Enjoy an adventure blended real mountain biking experience, of 45Km full day fully guided off road biking experience.
We start off with a nice downhill towards Knuckles forest reserve. We will stop by a natural swimming pool on our way to take a small rest before the tough climb ahead. The climb will be about 2.5Km with a challenging gradient. Our next stop will be for the lunch and it will be a nice village lunch from a house. We resume with a gravel terrain which you will enjoy at your maximum. The forest cover will provide the shade to ease our ride. After some moderate climbs and a rocky downhill we will come to a point called Corbett's gap. The panoramic view there will never let you leave the place without taking few photos. Our next stop will be for a nice cup of tea at the base camp site. We start to roll a gain up to Hunnasgiriya with some climbs and a thrilling road downhill. The ride will be concluded at Hunnasgiriya and you will be transferred to your hotel in Kandy.
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Biking tour in Knuckles mountain range
- Refreshments with energy slabs
- Bikes and helmets
- Back up vehicle for emergency transport
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses and tips
- Any additional beverages or food, would ordered extra
- Anything NOT mentioned under Inclusions
- Knuckles Mountain Forest Range consists of a range of vegetation types that have resulted from diverse climatic and topographic conditions. Among these are the humid tropical lowland semi evergreen forest, tropical sub-montane humid evergreen forest, montane grassland (patana) and pygmy forest. The complexity brought to the area with vegetation types is further increased by range of modifications made to the landscape by people since the British colonization. Knuckles Mountain Forest Range supports a rich biological diversity with 128 species of birds, 20 species of amphibians, 53 species of reptiles, 15 fresh water species and 31 mammal species. All species are not equally distributed throughout the range. Their distribution depends on multiple factors such as food availability, availability of nesting sites etc. that vary with climate, elevation and land cover.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up you from your hotel in Kandy.You will be pick up at 06:30 am
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please follow health and government safety guidelines regarding COVID 19
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.