Bioluminescent Bay Glass Bottom Kayak Tour from San Juan
Join this fully-guided nighttime bioluminescent bay kayak adventure. Paddle your way through the mystical mangrove channels leading to Laguna Grande in a glass-bottom kayak. Meet some glowing new friends, the Pyrodinium Bahamense, microscopic plankton capable of producing natural light at the touch of your hand. Explore these amazing organisms up close as the professional eco-guide takes you to discover all its secrets. Learn how this fragile and unique ecosystem maintains a perfect balance of life and learn what you can do to protect such a special place.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Complimentary pickup and drop-off in selected areas of San Juan (Old San Juan, Condado and Isla Verde locations and touristic zones). Locations outside of San Juan are subject to additional pick up fee.
- Bottom glass kayaks (for participants weighting 185 lbs (83kg) or less)
- Participants weighting 186-260 lbs must notify it upon booking to arrange for a regular kayak
- Quality kayaking gear and equipment (small size for children)
- Kayaking orientation and instructions
- Commentary of the surrounding area and its flora and fauna
- Light Snacks and bottles of water
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Grande
What's excluded :
- Additional pick up fee will apply if staying in towns like Dorado, Rio Grande, Fajardo and Humacao. Meeting point option also available.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laguna Grande, Cabezas Nature Reserve Northeastern Coast Puerto Rico
Join this fully-guided nighttime bioluminescent bay kayak adventure, one of the most memorable experiences in Puerto Rico.
Experience the Pyrodinium Bahamense, a microscopic plankton capable of producing natural light at the touch of your hand (like fireflies)! Learn how this fragile and unique ecosystem maintains a perfect balance of life and learn what you can do to protect such a special place.
You will paddle your way for 30 minutes each way in a two person glass-bottom kayak, through the mystical mangrove channels leading to the Natural Reserve at Laguna Grande (please read complete description for weight and other restrictions). Once you arrive to the area of the lagoon where the bioluminescence can be best experienced, our guides will explain how this entire ecosystem works and will allow you to play with the water to see this effect (swimming not allowed).
Once tour has concluded light snacks will be available for participants to regain their energy, before heading back to San Juan.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.Ports
- Panamerican Pier
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum weight to participate on Glass Bottom Kayak: 185pounds (83 kg) per person
- Maximum weight to participate on Regular Kayak: 260 pounds (113 kg) per person
- Due to the strict weight restriction all participants are subject to be weighted prior to beginning the tour. No cancellations or refunds will be issued if a person neglects to inform correct weight, and is not able to participate of the tour.
- Each participant must be capable of paddling on their own on a 2 person kayak, and be able to sit on the same position for about 2 hours.
- You will get wet, it is recommended that you wear bathing suit underneath, bring a towel and extra clothes for after the tour.
- Not suitable for pregnant women past their third month, persons with recent surgeries, past injuries or back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- This tour does not includes a stop to eat.
- The bio bay is an unpredictable natural phenomenon that may be influenced by multiple factors. Bioluminoscity level can vary from very visible to minimum or none without any previous notice. Full Moon phase may also affect the visibility. In the event of this happening alternate methods such as the use of a tarp will be incorporated in order to appreciate it.
- GLASS BOTTOM KAYAKS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON TUESDAYS due to maintenance, instead tour will be conducted on Regular Kayaks. No refunds will be issued due to this.
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case. Bespoke Lifestyle Management will not be responsible for lost or stolen belongings. No luggage allowed on the buses.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Reservations made for the 6pm tour (second run) have a probability of being rescheduled to the first run if minimum is not met, or first run still has spaces available.
- Minimum age to participate is 7 years.
- Participants cannot be afraid of the dark as you will be kayaking thru pitch black areas.
- Failure to provide hotel/lodging/cruise information upon booking may result in bus not being able to pick you at your location or close to it. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Bus will wait only 5 minutes after your assigned pick up time. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- This tour operates under rain and other weather conditions. Guide will determine to call it off when thunderstorms or other serious conditions happens.
- Most travelers can participate
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following instructions or being disruptive the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.