Bird Watching Adventure Tour in Hamburg, South Africa
Our tour perfectly showcases Hamburg's unique natural setting, wildlife, people, culture and history. A wide variety of birds can be seen in one location in a mix of different biomes. We offer something for everyone from adventure activities to serene relaxation.
per adult from
What's included :
- Boat at small extra fee
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- This tour is self catering. Bring own food/beverages. Meals can be purchased at local restaurant.
Once you are settled in at the self-catering Backpackers or Riverveiw, you can choose to have the cultural tour of the Keiskamma Art Project to see the Keiskamma Altarpiece and crocheted coral display, with an informative talk about the history, culture and world famous art projects of Hamburg. An optional, authentic Xhosa lunch can be prepared by the local ladies on request. After lunch, we will walk down to river and walk along the estuary edge to view the water birds and possibly Fish Eagles that nest at the river mouth. Then to the riverside Dorego's Restaurant for sundowners and evening meals before retiring for the night. Early morning rise for a mix of either beach hiking, forest walking, kayaking or boating. Lunch at Dorego's on request, then more of the same activities (all dependent on weather and tides). After dinner night birding before retiring. Same for the next day. All activities are optional - you are free to join the guides or do your own activities like exploring, swimming at the Blue Flag beach or simply relaxing by birding from the restaurant's veranda. On the final day, early morning birding (optional) before departure.
Departure Point :Hamburg Backpackers, Short St, Hamburg, 5641, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
There is a small fee for pickup from the airport. The trip between the airport and Hamburg takes one hour.Airports
- East London Airport, East London South Africa
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.