BIRDWATCH - Premium guided canoe tour at Cape Vente, Nemunas Delta Regional Park
Ever wondered what does the bird paradise look like? The Bird Watch tour will give you precisely that - the sense of freedom and wilderness.
The shallow waters of the Curonian Lagoon share the confluence of the Nemunas and the Minija Rivers, where bulrush kingdom provides a shelter for millions of birds that migrate through these territories every season.
We will take you to the “hard to reach” spots that are only accessible by canoe. Thus, paddlers will admire the beauty and grace of the resting birds and undoubtedly the most spectacular panorama of the Nemunas River delta.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English speaking guide
- Hand made cedar strip canoe
- Personal flotation device, paddle, binoculars, dry bag
- Set of chairs
- Morning coffee / tea with snacks, bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Photos taken by guide
What's excluded :
We will start with a briefing, introduction to canoe paddling and will practice some basic canoe strokes in the local marina. We will paddle to our first stop for approximately forty minutes. A short coffee break with snacks and we are ready to enter the shallow waters of the Curonian Lagoon. The local feathered inhabitants will probably be aware of our arrival long before we will see them, so get ready to bog down into bulrush and water lilies.
There is not that much camouflage options for the “sitting duck's” like us. Depending on the season, we may see red-necked grebe, bittern, white-tailed eagle, Montagu’s Harrier, cormorants, swans and many more. There are 170 different species of birds here in total, and if we are lucky enough, we might see the most gracious of them. After changing a couple of spots, your guide will take some stunning pictures of you paddling. You will also get some pictures taken from a drone! On our way back, depending on the tide and the weather, we will visit the Uostadvaris Lighthouse built in 1876 or/and the Cape Vente ornithological station with its modern exhibition and a great observation tower.
• Wet Weim Adventure, Klaipeda Lithuania
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Palanga Intl Airport, Palanga Lithuania
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Swimming skills are required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions (strong wind). If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Tour is organised by "Wet Weim Adventure Company"
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.