Birdwatching and Wildlife Noosa Biosphere Full-Day Experience
Discover the UNESCO Noosa Biosphere Reserve and the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. The UNESCO Noosa Biosphere Reserve is a unique area where sub-tropical and temperate zones overlap, providing varied ecosystems home to 300+ Australian bird varieties, with 60 ecosystems, 1300 plant species, pristine coastal & mountain landscapes. Further inland along the eastern escarpment of the vast Great Dividing Range lies the pristine and remote Blackall and Conondale Ranges providing gullied rain forests over topped by towering eucalyptus stands and an enormous diversity of plants, wildlife and bird-life to discover.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Please advise any dietary concerns
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- 1 Lt. water minimum
- Camera (no tripod)
- Insect repellent
- Light, quick-dry clothing
- Small selection of basic binoculars
- Sturdy, comfortable walking shoes/boots
- Designed for the avid birdwatcher, fauna and flora enthusiast and nature photographer to see as much wildlife as possible and share interests. In a roomy, air-conditioned mini-van we visit 8 - 12 locations with short tranquil easy walks, no more than a few hundred meters, to a vantage point. Ample time and opportunity to photograph and observe flora and fauna in their natural habitat is factored into this tour.
The UNESCO Noosa Biosphere Reserve is a unique area where tropical and temperate zones overlap, providing varied ecosystems and where we visit 3-4 locations which include Mangroves, Wallum, Wet and Dry Eucalyptus forests and rain forests. 40% of Australia’s bird species are found in this area, some 304 species including Miratory wader species. Other fauna species include Eastern Grey kangaroo, Koala, Grey-headed flying fox, Echidna, Brush-tail possum, Ring-tail possum, Platypus, Carpet python. Rich in biodiversity we absorb the ambience of this very special nature while enjoying a delicious, locally sourced morning tea.
Refreshed we head inland to the Hinterland, drive through little villages with cafes, colorful roadside fruit stalls, climb the majestic Blackall Range to the Mapleton area. Here we visit 3-4 locations that include subtropical rain forest including bunya pine, piccabeen palms, towering Eucalyptus stands, rich in plant and wildlife. Species of this region include Wompoo fruit-dove, Sulphur-crested cockatoo, Australian king parrot, Bell miner, Whip bird, Peregrine falcon to name just a few.
Climbing further up the eastern scarp of the Great Dividing Range we visit Conondale National Park known for its pristine beauty of vast and varied landscape, from rain forest gullies overtopped by Eucalpyt stands. Conondale avifauna reflects the special diversity of this area. The forest contains over a quarter of Queensland's wildlife, 242 species of birds, including 22 rare and endangered species. Apart from the frogs, significant fauna include the rare Plumed or Marbled Frogmouth, Red Goshawk, Coxen's Fig Parrot, Powerful Owl, Black-breasted Button-quail, Paradise Rifle Bird and the Giant Spiny Lobster. It is considered one of the premium bird watching areas in Queensland. A perfect place to enjoy a fresh, locally sourced packed lunch and fruit salad and immerse in the natural green world surrounding you.
On the return home we stop along the Obi Obi Creek wetland of creeks, cascades, waterfalls, rocky waterholes, gorges and scarps. This area has cultural value to the Indigenous Gubbi Gubbi people, who used the ranges for meetings and bunya nut festivals. Known for its buttressed gallery forest of fig and black bean, a large number of native frog and turtle species reside here including platypus and the vulnerable Mary River cod. Back at your accommodation enjoy a soak in a spa, perhaps a sun downer, before dinner to relax and reflect on the day of wildlife experiences.
Departure Point :Return transfers to and from accommodation in Noosa area. Accommodations from other areas: Meet at Noosa Junction Bus Station, Sunshine Beach Road, Noosa Junction. Pick up time: at 6:45 am.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Adult fares apply. Charters available for large groups or groups with children
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Some walking is involved
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Due to Covid19, we advise customers to provide their own lunch
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.