Birdwatching Full Day Trip in Madeira Island
Your chance to observe resident endemic species and subspecies of Madeira and Macaronesia!
This tour can be organized and personalized according to the focus of a specific interest of the groups such as specific species, distinct behaviors or ecology.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch box
- Telescope and binoculars
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Field guides
What's excluded :
This tour is your chance to observe resident endemic species and subspecies of Madeira and Macaronesia!
The tour starts early morning and generally takes place in the West and North side of the island where you can easily visit different habitats and watch some of the most beautiful landscapes of Madeira island. Once at the Laurel Forest valley, we shall search the species that only exists in Madeira Island - the Trocaz Pigeon (Columba trocaz) and the Madeira Firecrest(Regulus madeirensis) with its nervous call. After heading a spectacular valley covered by Laurel Forest we will have a stop in a river mouth at the north coast to observe the Grey Wagtail (Motacilla cinerea schmitzi), endemic subspecie from arquipelago. Vagrant species can occur in this area, as in the last years a Green-winged Teal (Anas carolinensis) has been recorded.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Funchal or Caniço area.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.