Birdwatching near Puerto Escondido
For all nature lovers, especially those interested in birds, the Manialtepec lagoon is a magical place to visit. It’s surrounded by mangroves where large number of birds both residents and migratory, nest.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- For all nature lovers, especially those interested in birds, the Manialtepec lagoon is a magical place to visit. It’s surrounded by mangroves where large number of birds both residents and migratory, nest. On our tour, well see roseate spoonbills, northern jacanas, ibis, herons, parrots and parakeets, among others. You’ll also see a rich variety of vegetation on the shores of the lagoons and in its canals. Well observe the fisherman catching shrimp and lagoon fish. At the end of the lagoon, we enter the Manialtepec river passing through beautiful aquatic flowers and plants, and we will see the connection where the lagoon the river and the ocean coverage. Either in the morning sunrise tour or the sunset lagoon tour we will be able to watch many kinds of birds. Don’t forget your bathing suit and camera.
Departure Point :Pick up from Hotel or place of stay.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Return back to your Hotel or any other place in Puerto Escondido
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Infant seats only available on request
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.