Birthplace of Portugal - Porto Private Tour from Lisbon
Embark on an unforgettable journey to one of the most beautiful cities across Europe. Porto is a coastal city in northwest Portugal known for its stately bridges and port wine production. In the medieval Ribeira (riverside) district, narrow cobbled streets wind past merchants’ houses and cafes. Its unique architecture, culture and traditions are famous around the world. Porto has been many years in a row considered the Cultural Capital of Europe. Take the opportunity to visit the birth of Port Wine and have a go at a tasting!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- We begin by picking you up very early in the morning (it is a 3 hour drive from Lisbon to Porto). On the way there our guide will give you an overview of the city and tour. It is a good chance to learn a few points about the city you will later visit.
First things first we’ll take a stroll through the city center. You’ll be delighted with the architecture of the multi-colored buildings and old cafes near the river. It was considered a few years ago as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. From the iconic neighborhood you have a perfect view of the Luis I bridge.
Next up we’ll visit the “Clérigos Tower”, a baroque architectural building with an incredible panoramic view of all of Porto. We head on to visit the main Cathedral, another incredible piece of ancient architecture and a religious landmark.
We highly recommend that our stop for lunch includes the famously renowned Porto dish “Francesinha”. It is probably the most famous Portuguese dish and came originally from this part of Portugal.
In the afternoon we will visit the stunning train station, “São Bento”. It is a must-see for all visitors. The train station’s walls are covered with over 20.000 hand painted tiles. It was built to cement trade.
Another very important stop during our visit is the “Majestic Café”, founded almost 100 years ago. Among others, this café has had many renowned visitors, such as JK Rowling, the writer behind the Harry Potter book series. It is said she wrote part of the first book on that very café.
Our visit could not be concluded without first taking a tour through the wine cellars and tasting Port Wine. Here you will learn all about Port wine history and production process. There are many other things to see in Porto but likely there won’t be time. Don’t worry because if there is we will have suggestions for you!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up from your designated hotel or address.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.