Blue Mountains Unique Small-Group Day Adventure with BBQ Lunch
Coast Warriors is Sydney’s chilled out small group tour operator own and run by Aussie locals. We have amassed hundreds of 5 star reviews over many platforms as we care. We target the younger 18 to 40ish years of age travellers though older is fine if you like what you see :)
This tour offers Sydney's highest reviewed experiences for the younger travellers between 18 years and 39 years (not strict but deffo no children). Our tours are run by young and fun local Aussies with the aim of being less of a tour and more of a feeling of a small group of mates on a day trip. We have now been running this adventure for some time so you can put trust that we will take you to only the best and less touristy places within the Blue Mountains with a visit of wild kangaroos deep in the bush. As well as an awesome Aussie BBQ lunch you will get the chance to taste Aussie snacks like Tim Tams, Vegemite, kangaroo & allow guests to byo whatever they wish to consume with their lunch.
per adult from
What's included :
- All inclusive (no hidden charges)
- Wild Kangaroos (sometimes) and hopefully Kookaburras + Cockatoos
- Aussie BBQ lunch with a taste of kangaroo (Vego & Vegan options)
- Small group tour usually 10 to 20 happy souls :)
- Tim Tams and Vegemite on tour (Please ask if we forget to offer sozz)
- Local guide and knowledge
- Pickup from Kings Cross and Sydney City
- Return transport in a cool and unique Aussie bus called Trudy (unless getting serviced)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Wentworth Falls Lookout
- Entry/Admission - The Three Sisters
- Entry/Admission - Echo Point Lookout
What's excluded :
- Drinks. Although lunch is supplied drinks are not- water taps at most stops.Bring a bottle #healthy
- Kings Cross Drop Off
- Beers/wines/ciders/soft drinks. Please feel free to bring some or buy at our bottle shop stop.
- We don't offer warm jackets or rain jackets sorry
- Hotel or similar pickup and drop off. We have designated pickups and a drop off
- This tour is organised and run by locals who have lived in the Blue Mountains all their life taking you to only the best places that can be fit in in a full day tour. This full day Blue Mountains tour is exactly that, we do not attend non relevant zoos, boats etc. Scenic World has also been removed from our itinerary as it wasn't well received by our customer base.
This adventure commences early from Sydney with a meet and greet at the pickup point. You then have a bit over an hour to acquaint yourself with the group on the bus ride heading to the outskirts of Sydney.
Once you hit the start of the Blue Mountains there is a quick stop at a local shopping village where you can have a quick toilet/food/drinks stop before heading all the way up to the amazing Three Sisters rock formations. After taking photos of the Three sisters and jaw dropping Jamison Valley we then take you on a bushwalk right up to the three sisters and even onto one of the rock formations.
We then progress further into the mountains to Wentworth Falls where your guide will take the group for a 90 min hike through the bush where you will see local fauna, bird life and see several waterfalls on your hike to the base of the immense Wentworth falls and even have a quick refreshing dip.
All that sightseeing makes people hungry so the group will relocate to a nearby area where we cook an authentic Aussie BBQ with veggies and kangaroo on the side (vegetarian/vegan options).
After lunch we continue the day of fun and head to a local and secluded waterhole where people can go swimming or lay around on the sand in the sun deep within the bush of the Blue Mountains. Then, you head off into the nearby National Park down a long dirt road to say hello to skippy the Kangaroo. This tour has had hundreds of 5 star reviews. We are a small and passionate option!
By now the day is getting on and we head back into Sydney with an approximate arrival time of 6:00pm. We often conclude our day together at the Central Sydney bar.
Departure Point :1: 203 Victoria St, Potts Point NSW 2011, Australia
2: 812 George St, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :812 George St, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- November to March we often have a quick dip in a local swimming spot...though all year round you are welcome to get under the Waterfall (shallow 1m depth) though is cold as in winter #youdoyou
- Minimum age is 17 years and maximum age is 49 years though feel free to email us if outside this. Non Applicable for Private tours
- Designated pickup and drop off at 814 George Street, Haymarket in the city below Wake Up hostel. Courtesy pickup at Kings Cross on request, please email us. We don't do hotel pickup.
- Moderate amount of walking involved with a 90min hike, there is an option to skip the hardest part but this is rare. Waterfall is 187 meters down.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes...hiking shoes are not necessary. We are not a full on hike tour.
- Welcome to bring snacks and drinks on bus. We do have a cooler
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. It can get really cold, really hot, rain and extremely rarely snow....the Blue Mountains is always a surprise. If it is cool in Sydney it will be very cold in the upper Blue Mountains.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date/competitor or full refund.
- Please email us if you are vego or vegan
- Attendence of this tour indicates full agreement with Coast Warriors terms and conditions which is found on our website.
- We also run cool tours to Port Stephens and Jervis Bay. Come join :)
- Any questions or issues please email us, Whatsapp us or Instagram message Coastwarriors
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- LGBT friendly tour...just want normal and happy people that love the world and fellow earthlings
- If you are seeking a tour where they talk most the tour through a microphone please do not book us. There is many other options. We are a balanced tour...a tour that doesnt feel like a tour
- Please do not print off your booking voucher. Just have it on your phone. No point wasting your time and our paper
- In regards to reviews, a vast majority are actually over on TripAdvisor opposed to the very small amount here
- **Update March 2020 **We have noticed an increase of dingoes (wild dogs) in the area scaring off the kangaroos. We also hope that this will return to normal asap. This has affected all tours with wild kangaroos. Apologies
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.