Bogd Khan National Park Hiking Day Trip
Meet with your guide and drive to the ruins of Manzushir Monastery on the edge of Bogd Khan mountain range. From there we take a 3-4 hour hike on a trail of moderate difficulty through mixed forests and alpine meadows to 2256m Tsetsee Gun peak, the highest point of the mountain range. We have a picnic lunch on the peak with scenic views of typical Siberian forests in the background before heading back down. We visit the monastery complex which was originally built in 1733. It was completely destroyed during anti-religion campaigns of 1930-ies with just the main temple remaining to these days. But apart from it we will see a few sections of shattered walls, foundations, stone terraces and some stone niches in the cliffs. The main temple building was recently been renovated and now serves as museum. We return to Ulaanbaatar in late afternoon.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Bogd Khan Uul National Park
- Entry/Admission - Manzushir Monastery
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bogd Khan Uul National Park, Khoroo 4, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
The Bogd Khan Mountain marks the southern most edge of Siberian ecosystem. This strictly protected Natural Park is a home to various types of plants, wild animals and birds, and is a great place for a getaway from a crowded city life. You will hike to Tsetsee Gun, the highest peak (2256m) of Bogd Khan Mountain with magnificent granite cliffs.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Manzushir Monastery, Bayanzurkh, Mongolia
Visit the monastery complex which was originally built in 1733. It was completely destroyed during anti-religion campaigns of 1930-ies with just the main temple remaining to these days. But apart from it we will see a few sections of shattered walls, foundations, stone terraces and some stone niches in the cliffs. The main temple building was recently been renovated and now serves as museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Bayangol Hotel, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Passport name and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.