Bohemian Bucharest Markets and Mahallas Walking Food Tour
From the heart of the city to the tastes of the country, this tour takes you on a historical, architectural, and culinary adventure through the many faces (and tastes) of Bucharest! Journey deep into the neighbourhoods of La Belle Époque Bucharest, while sampling the traditional peasant foods that define Romanian cuisine.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food and drink samples, including a ‘peasant platter’ (local cheese and meats, plus seasonal vegetables and homemade bread), street snack, 2 mici (includes bread and mustard), a platter of local cheeses, 1 Wallachian doughnut, 3 beers, a shot of palinca
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping from the markets
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: University's Square, Bulevardul Regina Elisabeta 3, București 030167, Romania
The National Theater of Bucharest; monuments to the Revolution Mahallas: Some of the oldest churches in Bucharest, beautiful turn of the century architecture ; The oldest house in Bucharest.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Obor Market, Bucharest 021203 Romania
We will spend some time in the main market of the city bustling with colours smells and amazing street food to enjoy. You will have time to do some shopping for traditional items after which we will sit down to taste some local produce and extremely tasty street food.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Teatrul Național București, Bulevardul Nicolae Bălcescu nr. 2, București 010051, Romania
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Piata Sf. Gheorghe, Bucharest, Romania
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please notify at least 24 hours in advance as to whether you have any food allergies, sensitivities, or other dietary needs, such as vegetarian/vegan or gluten intolerant
- Group maximum of 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Your tour visits venues that serve food from local sources, and also goes to the farmers' market where we buy produce from small family farms from around Bucharest.
- This tour also cuts out single use plastic by offering tap water at the locations we visit.
- Your tour visits off-the beaten path locations, avoiding the overcrowded touristic sites of the city and giving you more insight into local life.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.