Bordeaux Small-Group Wine Tasting & Workshop with a Professional Sommelier
Develop your knowledge and appreciation of French wine with a 2-hour small-group wine tasting and workshop in Bordeaux. Start your session with a presentation of the main French wine regions by your professional wine educator in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Next, learn some wine-tasting techniques; learn how to identify different aromas; and enjoy an appetizer platter of local cheese, meats and bread while tasting eight different wines from regions including Bordeaux, Burgundy, Côtes du Rhône and the Loire Valley. Finish the fun session with a wine-blending workshop, where you’ll create your own blend of wine.
per adult from
What's included :
- Wine tasting
- Professional sommelier guide
- French appetizer platter
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Enhance your understanding and appreciation of French wine with this 2-hour wine workshop. Begin with an overview of French wine regions from your professional wine guide. Learn about wine terminology such as 'terroir' and 'appellation' as you taste wines from regions like Burgundy, Côtes du Rhône, Bordeaux and the Loire Valley. Find out how to decipher a French wine label & learn how to identify a wine's aromas or flavors, how to interpret the color of a wine. As you taste, you'll no doubt start to develop – or enhance existing – preferences for these different wine characteristics. At the conclusion of the lesson, you'll put all this new-found knowledge to use by creating a custom blend of your own wine using two varietals local to Bordeaux – Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Throughout the workshop, you'll sample eight different wines and nibble on hors d'oeuvres such as cured meats, cheese and fresh bread. Throughout the workshop, your lesson leader is on hand to answer questions and help enhance the experience. As you depart, you'll get a diploma to remember your educational Bordeaux wine workshop.
Departure Point :3 Rue d'Enghien, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.