Bordeaux Super Saver: Gourmet Food Walking Tour with Lunch plus Médoc Wine Tasting
Enjoy a full day of gastronomic delights with this Bordeaux Super Saver, combining a gourmet food tour in Bordeaux’s city center and a wine-tasting tour in Médoc. Wander along charming streets and visit local shops where you'll sample French breads, cheeses and chocolates, followed by a buffet lunch. Then drive to the nearby Médoc wine region to visit two lovely château wine estates. Tour the vineyards and cellars, learn about the winemaking process, and sip Bordeaux wines paired with small bites. Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring a more personalized experience.
Please notice that lunch is included.
Please advise us if you have any food allergies - special requirements.
No alternatives will be available the day of the tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Tastings at three Bordeaux shops (bread, cheese and chocolate)
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Wine tastings
- Appetizers during wine tastings
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Gironde, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Bordeaux Gourmet Food Walking Tour (morning)Your full-day immersion into French gastronomy begins in the center of Bordeaux with a 4-hour gourmet food tour. Join your knowledgeable foodie guide for visits to some of the most beloved food shops in the city. This slow-paced walk also gives you a chance to see the city and hear stories about its history. Your first stop is a local bakery, where you'll meet the baker and hear about traditional French baking methods. Smell the enticing scent of freshly-baked bread as you enter, and sample a traditional baguette while it's still warm from the oven. The next stop is to see a famed chocolatier. The recipes here have been kept alive – and secret – for generations. Meet the owner and sample some of the shop's interesting chocolate flavors – including green tea, ginger and olive. The final shop of the day is a local cheese shop, where you'll sample cheeses from all over France – including Roquefort, Brie and Comté. Learn about the time-honored methods of making and aging cheese that have set France apart for centuries. After all this sampling, sit down to a buffet-style lunch in an apartment in central Bordeaux. Choose from an array of dishes, including all of the things you nibbled during your food tour, accompanied by some local wine. Finish your meal with a typical Bordeaux cake called a canelé. Médoc Wine Tour (afternoon)Following lunch, climb into the awaiting minivan for the drive into the Médoc region along what's known as the Château Route. Enjoy the scenery as you pass world-famous châteaux like Mouton-Rothschild, Latour or Margaux and learn about the history of Bordeaux wine from your guide. There will be opportunities to stop en route for photos. Your first château stop is a family-run wine estate where you'll get a tour of the château's wine cellars. After the tour, your knowledgeable guide leads you through a wine workshop during which you'll learn some of the secrets of tasting wine to analyze its flavors and aromas. The second stop is a well-respected classified growth château, where you'll get a tour of the vineyard and wine cellars before sampling some of the estate's wines. Nibble on some local hors d'oeuvres as you sip, including fresh bread, cured meat and cheese. The precise châteaux visited during this tour will vary, but stops may include Siran, Lagrange, Chasse-Spleen, Lamarque or Lascombes. After your two château visits, climb back into the minivan for the drive back to Bordeaux, where your tour ends.
Departure Point :Tourist Information Office, 12 Cours du 30 Juillet, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years.*
- The tour may be cancelled if there is only 1 participant. We legally require a minimimum of two people to operate the tour. If so, we will contact the client and he will get a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.