Bran Castle, Rasnov Fortress and Palinca Distillery Day Trip From Brasov
Visit the famous Bran Castle which initially served as military defense fortification, then as customs point and ultimately as one of the summer residences of the Romanian royal family. It's a medieval castle with a royal touch, that's also linked to the Dracula legend. Besides touring the castle you also get free time for souvenirs in the bazaar at the footsteps of the landmark.
Before we visit the Rasnov fortress we perform a brief stop at a local Palinca distillery. Here you can taste the traditional Romanian spirits made out of plumbs, apricots, cherries, pears and more. You will witness the manufacturing process and get the chance to buy some for take away.
The Rasnov citadel is a peasant fortress with a spectacular view and plenty of souvenirs. A private guided tour of the landmark is provided by your guide.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - Traditional Romanian Palinca tasting.
- Licensed tour guide.
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Rasnov Citadel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
Guided tour inside of the Bran Castle, as well as in the outdoor English garden.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rasnov Citadel, Unirii Square no. 12, Rasnov 505400 Romania
Guided tour of the Rasnov fortress with time for souvenirs.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palincaria Transilvania, Strada Lucian Blaga 47, Rasnov 505400 Romania
Learn how Palinca is made in Romania, taste it for free and purchase something to take back home.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Corpul T, Bulevardul Eroilor 25, Brașov 500030, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from any location in Brasov. Pickups outside of Brasov possible for an extra fee.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.