Bratislava Private Day Trip from Vienna
Visit Bratislava with us – it’s only 30 miles (60 km) away from Vienna! See the main sights and learn about Slovakia's communist past!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Accompaniment by friendly, professional driver
- Comprehensive city tour with local expert guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Bratislava and Vienna are called the twin-cities because they are so close to each other. If you only have limited time but want to visit one of the former communist capitals in eastern Europe this is the right tour for you!
With a friendly driver you depart from your hotel in Vienna in a private van or limousine. Heading to the Slovakian border you traverse the countryside of Lower Austria, with its picturesque vineyards and windmills.
Upon your arrival in Bratislava you will be joined by a local expert guide who takes you on a comprehensive private city tour covering the most important sights. First you pay a visit to the newly-restored Bratislava Castle. Towering over the Danube river it is the city’s emblem and offers postcard-views of Bratislava. Next to the castle you also see the parliament of Slovakia.
Afterwards you visit the lively old town below the castle. Your guide shows you the highlights, including Michael’s Gate, the Slovak national theatre, the Academia Istropolitana, the old Town Hall and of course the cathedral of St. Martin. You also see the baroque Palffy palace, where Mozart performed at the age of six, as well as Pauli’s palace. Franz Liszt gave his break-through concert there when he was only nine years old.
After the walking tour you can spend time of in the old town, for lunch and shopping. In the early afternoon your driver will take you to Vienna and back to your hotel.
Enjoy the exclusive service and the personal atmosphere of this private tour: Your knowledgeable guide is ready to respond to (almost) your every request and requirement. He adapts the tour to your specific interests and has lots of intriguing and entertaining anecdotes in store for you. Lots of photo opportunities!
9:30am Tour start - Transfer to Bratislava
10:45am Private City Tour of Bratislava with local expert guide - ca. 2.5 hours
1:15pm Free time in Bratislava for lunch & shopping - ca. 1 hour
2:15pm Departure for Vienna
3:30pm Arrival in Vienna
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel, apartment, train station or cruise ship in Vienna.Ports
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks are required for travelers during transportation, travelers must inform themselves in advance if depending on their nationality and place of residence they may enter Slovakia. We do not assume any responsibility or refund in case of no entry.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 10 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 15 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 9 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.