Brussels Politics Tour with a Local Expert: 100% Personalized & Private
Brussels is the capital city of Europe and the administrative heart of the European Union, but it’s much more than just a bureaucratic nerve centre. On a personalised experience with your Local Host by your side, discover how its melting pot of cultures, from migrant workers to Europhiles, along with the EU institutions which have made their home here have shaped the city into the cultural hub we know it as today.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 100% Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Authentic local knowledge and insights
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- What you'll do
Begin in the European Quarter, and stroll through the beautiful Cinquantenaire Park and along Montgomery Street, soaking up the atmosphere in the city’s most luxurious area with your knowledgeable Local Host.
Stroll through the picturesque Leopold Park then visit the Parlamentarium, an interactive museum about the EU, how the parliament operates and how its members work towards European integration.
With a Local Host by your side, you’ll be able to go beyond the shiny glass facades and modern high rises where the EU institutions are housed, getting to know what really goes on behind these closed doors and how living amongst these important sites affects life in the city.
You may be surprised to learn that a literal stone’s throw from the EU Parliament, squeezed in between government offices and the luxurious boutiques of Avenue Louise is a vibrant quarter of the city which was established by Congolese migrants and named Matongé. Stroll through this buzzing neighbourhood and stop by a local bar where migrants and Europhiles all head for an after work drink!
Leave behind Luxembourg Square and take the metro to the Atomium, the city’s most iconic symbol, and discover how it’s significance as well as stopping by the Mini Europe Park.
What to expect
* Discover the heart of the EU as you explore Brussel’s European Quarter and visit its landmark institutions
* Wander through this beautiful district and stroll through its beautiful parks and squares
* Visit the EU Parliament and the Parlamentarium, the museum where you can learn more about the EU
* Gain a unique local perspective how institutions like the European Commission have affected the city
* Visit a vibrant and diverse neighbourhood next to the European Quarter and have a drink
* Take the metro to discover the Atomium and Mini Europe Park
Departure Point :Brussels, Belgium
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/7/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.