Bucharest City Tour 4h
1. The Palace of Parliament or People’s House
2. The Bucharest National Village Museum
3. Calea Victoriei (Victory Avenue), Bucharest
4. Revolution Square, Bucharest
5. The Bucharest Old City Centre
210 to 270 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Local guide
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Parliament
- Entry/Admission - "Dimitrie Gusti" National Village Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
In Bucharest City Tour at the Palace of Parliament or People’s House – you will learn how dangerous and damaging a totalitarian regime like communism can be for a nation. You will feel small seeing what pointless opulence and megalomania “the sleep of reason” can create.
Imagine you have the chance to see the second largest administrative building on the planet, after the Pentagon, and that it will be an experience you will be able to share with your grandchildren.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: "Dimitrie Gusti" National Village Museum, Şoseaua Pavel D. Kiseleff 28-30, București 011347, Romania
n Bucharest City Tour you will visit The National Village Museum – in one place, you will see an embodiment of Romanian traditions and you will learn what it meant for Romanian villagers to have built an ecological and sustainable environment in their backyard. You will also get a glimpse of their simple and modest lifestyle, in social and spiritual harmony with their surroundings.
Book a private guide in Bucharest and you will enter the universe of the traditional Romanian houses, large or small, made of wood and adobe, but also stone and other materials, from all areas of the country. You will also see national symbols such as the mill or the wooden church and you will learn how these treasures of spirituality and civilization have kept us united for thousands of years, without needing to invade other nations.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Victoriei Street, Bucharest Romania
On Calea Victoriei (Victory Avenue) – with your private guide you will be fascinated by the contradictions of history: on one side, you have the Royal Palace and on the other, the Central Committee of the Romanian Communist Party and the Revolution Square, where Ceausescu fled the country by helicopter.
You will see old orthodox churches, enveloped in an aura of mystery, a music store, where you can find a large selection of music, as well as casinos, bohemian restaurants, museums, theatres, tea shops, retail stores and gift shops, where you can purchase souvenirs, and even the National History Museum and the Romanian Athenaeum, another Romanian architectural landmark, the CEC Palace and many others.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei), Calea Victoriei Boulevard, Bucharest Romania
Revolution Square, Bucharest
In this private tour about the communism, you can be transported back in time to the moment where the dictator Nicolae Ceausescu was ousted, leaving behind the secrets of a great fortune and controversies about the state security service and his offshore accounts.
As we mentioned earlier, when we reach the Senate Palace, you will see the building which used to house the Central Committee of the Romanian Communist Party and the place where the Revolution of December 1989 started – a major historical event whereby, through human force and sacrifice, Ceausescu was removed from power.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Old Town, Bucharest Romania
In the next location, your private guide from Nicolas Experience Tours, you will have the chance to relive the olden days through a blend of mystery and contrasts on the streets of the Historical City Centre, starting with Hanul Lui Manuc, an immense fortified inn which served as a cultural and economic center back in the day. It was built around 1806 by Manuc Bei, one of the wealthiest landowners in the Balkans, and it was where merchants passing through Bucharest would get together, as just a part of the colorful crowd that populated the historic inn.
In this historical and cosmopolitan area, you will also find, in addition to the most popular restaurants in Bucharest, museums, old and spectacular churches, and an experiential library, where you can purchase books, music and other souvenirs that will make for an unforgettable experience for you and your loved ones.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Bucharest, Romania
Traveler pickup is offered
Please wait in the lobby or on the sidewalk if it is an address.In case you land and you need a pickup from airport, one of us will wait for you next to InfoDesk – Arrivals - on the main floor with a placard having you name on it - then we will start the tour! Drop off to any address or hotel in Bucharest, also we can drive you back to the Airport!Please let us know the time do you prefer to start the tour!Airports
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.