Bucharest's history corners
Bucharest has a rich layered and spread-out history. Its historical landmarks are not crowded in one single area as usual but they are spread around the city. And they bounce back to you not only Bucharest’s history but Romania’s history as well.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by underground
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- It is not easy to follow a straight line through its history and that is fully showed by its landmarks:
• Your eyes will linger on medieval headquarters surrounded by inter-wars buildings and communist block of flats –three ages merged into one.
• You will walk over the square sided by two of the most important monuments and moments of Romania’s history: the Royal Palace, reminding of tough World War Two times and the building from where Ceausescu made his last flight.
• You will follow the beautiful lines of the paintings of the late medieval orthodox churches, right in the heart of the modern entertainment area of Bucharest.
• You will meet the two 150 year distant and yet so close neighbors: the huge House of the People built by the maniac Ceausescu and the beautiful buildings of the Church headquarters where Romania step for the independence in the troubled times of the Crimean War.
And a lot more!
How to disentangle it and make it understandable? Well, putting in its European context might help. Walking by a plan would also help. Taking a break from walking and having a history lesson and discussion may do as well.
Why do not you try it?!
End of tour: 17.30
Meeting point – Unirii Square, Hanul lui Manuc.
Be prepared to walk. Casual dress and comfortable shoes are recommended.
Departure Point :your hotel
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :your hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.