Budapest Jewish Quarter Walking Tour in Spanish
Immerse yourself into the deepest story that marked a before and after in the city of Budapest under the impressive frame of the Danube River.
per adult from
2 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Budapest Jewish Quarter Walking Tour in Spanish is one of the most peculiar tour that you can do during your trip in the city. The pain of a warlike past mixes with the glamor and luxury of the main avenues, making a hodgepodge of its cultural tradition.
In this walking we will discover the Jewish quarter of Budapest, declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO, while we get immersed in the life of the Hungarian Jews and their experiences in the era of the two oppressive regimes, the fascist and the communist. We will see the
most important synagogues in the city, including the
Status Quo Ante Synagogue or Trnava, which was devastated during the Second World War, and which today is used as a center for contemporary art.
We will visit the
Great Synagogue, the Garden of the Righteous, and possibly the most special monument in Budapest: the Hungarian memorial to the holocaust "
The Tree of Life", located in the
Memorial Park. This sculpture is a kind of weeping willow in which, on each leaf, is written the name of a person who died during the Jewish holocaust in Hungary. Our steps through history will continue to know the
Temple of Heroes and the
Jewish Cemetery, with the great impact for the population of living the Second World War and the Holocaust.
Discover the most famous district and its transformation until today with our Budapest Jewish Quarter Walking Tour in Spanish: the Jewish religion, the ritual of purification in the mikve for women, the splendid Orthodox Synagogue, the Jewish gastronomy, its traditions and much more!
Departure Point :Danubius Fountain, Budapest, Erzsébet tér 4, 1051 Hungary
Return Detail :Dohány Street Synagogue, Budapest, Dohány u. 2, 1074 Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.