Building a Snow Igloo in Rovaniemi
Enjoy the snow of Lapland and learn how to build a snow igloo. This is fun for everyone!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Adventure gear
- Guidance services
- Snacks mentioned
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Safari desk support
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from all major hotels in Rovaniemi
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional price
- Overnight experience available also
The traditional igloos in Lapland are built of snow. First you collect a good pile of soft snow. Then you shovel to create a nice snow igloo. The thickness of the walls should be about 30-40 cm. You can also make windows and door even beds. Great fun for the family all together!
Winter clothes, guidance services, return transfers from your hotel and light lunch are all included to this unique experience. Great barbeque lunch is offered in a tepee by living fire!
The first igloos were built by the Inuit. They used the snow to isolate their house because the air contained in the snow is actually a good insulator. Igloos were used in the past during winter time as temporary shelter for hunters, now it is mostly for recreation.
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 adults per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Physical classification: Moderate
- Vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal, gluten-free and lactose-free options are available
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.