Burmese Charm in Quaint Thanlyin
While often referred to by the name Syriam, Thanlyin captures the essence of boldly going where no one has gone before. Following the contours of the Bago River, spending 6 hours outside Yangon feels like wandering back in time and relive times gone by.
Located at the confluence of the Yangon River and the town of Dala along the Bago River, Thanlyin (formerly known as Syriam) is a slow-life village located outside bustling Yangon. With its strategic location along the Yangon River and intertwined with equally charming Kyauk Tan, the town was originally known for its port. A peaceful and quiet atmosphere will come over you as soon as we enter the town borders, and wandering around gives you a sense that there most certainly still is serenity around Yangon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Kyaik-Khauk Paya
- Entry/Admission - Ye-le Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Lunch during the day
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kyauktan, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
We leave in the early morning at your hotel in Yangon. Although the distance between the former capital and Syriam is short, driving times usually take a bit longer than usual. A township in Greater Yangon, Kyauk Tan is mainly putting on travel itineraries because of its two unique pagodas.
Stop At: Kyaik-Khauk Paya, Thanlyin, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
Situated 35 kilometres south of downtown Yangon along the banks of a sidearm of the Yangon River (the Bago River), the hilltop Kyaik Khauk Pagoda and the riverside Ye Le Paya are tangible testimonies to its spiritual connection with Buddhism. Together with nearby Thanlyin, Kyauk Tan is an excellent example of a rural region within a short drive from the former Burmese capital. Its merchant past, mainly around the 15th century, continues to play a critical role in the trade history in Myanmar. Outside of falling under the British Empire, also Portuguese and French East Indian influences can be found in Thanlyin.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ye-le Pagoda, Pagoda in the middle of a river, Kyauktan Myanmar
While slowly discovering the town with its universities, visitors will appreciate the sleepy town atmosphere. Yet this pleasant atmosphere with tree-lined roads and catching glimpse of local life. Our main objective is a visit to the Ye Le Paya Temple, located mid-stream in the river, only accessible by local boat. Located on a small island in the Hmaw Wun Creek, a tributary of Yangon River and close to Yangon, the uniqueness of the Ye Le Pagoda lies not in its design but its location. From afar and even when reaching its spiritual compound, the temple gives visitors the illusion that it feels like floating on water.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kyauk Tan, Myanmar (Burma)
It is possible to feed the giant catfish that are swimming around the island and this unique temple. Its distinction compared to the other pagodas is due to its location – right in the middle of the river near the town of Kyauk Tan. Lunch is not included.
Our early afternoon will be reserved to visit the local riverside market and two more pagodas before we drive back to the big city where we will arrive around mid-afternoon.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Yangon’s central business district hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Yangon’s central business district. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, cruise ports and Yangon’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Certain sights in this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.