Burren Nature Sanctuary
Experience the Burren, the most biodiverse place in Ireland, in one wild and rugged yet easily accesible heritage site. Burren Nature Sanctuary is a magical place that celebrates nature, conservation, geology and heritage within a landscape of sheer tranquillity and beauty. Enjoy a fun day out and leave refreshed, energised and inspired.
per adult from
1 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Watch the 15 minute Introduction to the Burren movie
- Fairy story walks can be rebooked in September
- 10 stop audio guide
- Entry/Admission - Burren Nature Sanctuary & Cafe
What's excluded :
- Special events
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Burren Nature Sanctuary & Cafe, Cloonasee, Kinvara H91 PTK7 Ireland
Visitors learn all about the nature, geology and farming history of the Burren around a 1 mile interpretive trail. Free 10 stop audio guide. Start at the Burren Botany Bubble to learn about the wildflowers and orchids, walk between stone walls down the ancient green road to the Disappearing Lake that fills every 11 hours. Identify wildflowers and orchids in in the meadow, walk through the rugged beauty wilderness of Burren shattered limestone, visit the enchanted hazel fairy woodland, view the famine village and get to meet and feed the friendly farm pets. Watch the 15 minute introduction to the Burren movie and sample local produce and gifts in our award winning café and shop.
Departure Point :Burren Nature Sanctuary & Cafe, Burren Nature Sanctuary, Cloonasee, Kinvara, Co. Galway, H91 PTK7, Ireland
Departure Time :2/12/2020 - 12/5/2021
Friday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Botany exhibit, animal paddocks, shop and cafe are wheelchair accessible. Walks exceed recomended gradients for wheelchairs in places
- Bus from Galway to Kinvara. Ten minute walk from Kinvara bus stop.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- One way system in place
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.